|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- "Try to run. I dare you." —Umbrage
It is available at level 30.
Tips and tactics
- Useful if you want to open with on a mage. They will probably blink out of it, but if your Crippling Poison hasn't snared them, this will. However, or may still be better choices when opening against a mage.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now reduces the target's movement speed by 70% (up from 50%) but no longer interrupts spellcasting when used with 5 combo points.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- No longer has a minimum range.
- Now requires 5 Combo Points in order to interrupt spell casting (up from 3 Combo Points).
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Can now interrupt spellcasting when used at 3, 4 and 5 combo points, and upon interrupt prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 4, 5 and 6 seconds respectively, instead of 5 combo points and 6 seconds.
- Hotfix (2012-10-04): "Five combo point Deadly Throw finishing moves will no longer interrupt the spells cast by a Paladin under the effects of Devotion Aura."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now also interrupts spellcasting if performed with 5 combo points and prevents any spell in that school from being cast for 6 sec.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): , , and Opportunist's Leather Gloves no longer grant the "Deadly Throw Interrupts Spellcasting" effect.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Missile speed increased significantly and snare duration increased slightly.
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): This ability will now damage hunters and their pets when they are affected by or . Those targets will still be immune to the movement impairing portion of Deadly Throw.