Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- "Only those who walk the path of the dead may enter."
The Death Gate appears to be an actual physical gateway, similar to a mage's portal. All Death Knights in the same party may use a portal created by any of them. The portal does not work for any other class.
Death Gate is a quest reward from , and will initially send you to the version in the Eastern Plaguelands. After obtaining your first artifact, it will instead transport you to the version of Acherus floating above the Broken Isles.
- This ability cannot be cast during combat, but an existing death gate can be used during combat. It may be planned preemptively to use this as a "just in case" getaway when attempting something difficult for your level.
- Using the death gate once again to leave Acherus will teleport the death knight to the graveyard closest to their departure point.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Cast time reduced to 4 seconds, down from 10.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now returns the Death Knight to a location near their original departure point when the spell is cast while in Ebon Hold.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.