|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
- "Your services are no longer required."
—Drandus the Deathcaller
Warcraft III Description
- "Through the sacrifice of his followers, a death knight can absorb their unholy energies and convert them into health for himself."
- If cast while in a sanctuary and not in combat, the minion is not killed.
- This was a Death Knight ability in Warcraft III as well, where the highest level of the spell healed the death knight for 300% of the targeted unit's health.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed.
- Hotfix (2014-10-20): "Death Pact's healing absorption effect should now be applied correctly while the Anti-Magic Shell effect is active."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Death Pact no longer requires an undead minion, and instead places a healing absorption shield on the Death Knight for 50% of the amount healed.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a talent. Runic Power cost removed. Causes the minion to take 50% of its total health instead of sacrificing it.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Now heals for 25% of maximum health, down from 40%.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): This heal cannot be a critical.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Now grants 40% instead of 20% healing.