|Theater of operations|
The Deathguard (or the Deathguards) is the bulk of the Forsaken military force. Its members are simply called as deathguards. They are mostly deployed to the Tirisfal Glades, Silverpine Forest, and the Hillsbrad Foothills, as well as Northrend with the Hand of Vengeance under the Horde Expedition.
During the Legion Invasions, some of them could spawn at the Northern Barrens, Hillsbrad Foothills, and at Tanaris to help their allies defend against the Legion. They also accompanied Warchief Windrunner to Stormheim.
According to the comments from the Deathguards in Tirisfal Glades on abominations, they don't hold them in high regards.
Some of them prefer "traditional" medicines like leeches, maggots or bonesaws instead of herbalism cures. They speak fondly of engineering weapons and leather armor (referring to it as "something dead rubbing up against you".). They also don't like taxidermists who think they can stuff and mount them because they think they're dead. Black, grey and dark purple are their prescribed colors. In Year 24, they had to shut down the kids' summer camp because of psychos wearing masks near Brightwater Lake.
In the RPGThis section concerns content exclusive to the Warcraft RPG and is considered non-canon.
Capable of enduring vastly harsher conditions than living troops, the tireless Deathguard can march for days, even weeks. The Forsaken can disguise themselves as dead or dying soldiers in the colors of intruding forces. Sometimes the Deathguard will dig ambushes, lying still under the earth to erupt forth upon the proper signal.
Equipment and weaponry
- There are also Zandalari deathguards - Council Deathguards and Dazar'ai Deathguards - of the Zandalari Empire as well as demonic fel lord deathguards.
- A group of Forsaken called the Irregulars was initially planned to appear in Legion.
- Executors could be the commanders of the Deathguard.
- The old Seekers and the Dreadguards may be members of the Deathguard.
- Horde Silithyst Sentinels might be members of the Deathguard.
- , presumably an orc death knight, may be a member.