Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Theater of operations|
Originally, they acted as the elite guard of the dreadlord Varimathras, but after the Battle for the Undercity, they do the same for the Banshee Queen. They were collecting data on the Scarlet Crusade outside of Stratholme.
In the Horde, the Deathstalkers roughly function as the Forsaken's equivalent of the Shattered Hand. A rogues' guild and spy network, Deathstalkers can often be found carrying out missions for the betterment of the Forsaken nation on the front lines.
Deathstalkers are highly trained and extremely dangerous. The fact that they are undead helps them immensely in their role as assassins. As Forsaken; they have no need to sleep or even breathe air. They possess tremendous willpower. They can remain submerged in water indefinitely without any need to rise, and can wait as long as it takes for their target to arrive.  They can even pose as corpses, since by all means, that is exactly what they are. Executors are seen to held an authority on the Deathstalkers, sending them on various missions.
World of Warcraft
This section concerns content related to the original World of Warcraft.
The Deathstalkers were originally led by Varimathras. The group became an elite unit of the Forsaken and also the bodyguard of the Dreadlord. They spied on Andron Gant for clues of betrayal and others, like Vincent and Adamant were deployed to Shadowfang Keep while the Yorick siblings were doing reconnaissance through northern Silverpine Forest about the Scourge threat. One agent with the help of the adventurers also infiltrated Pyrewood and killed its Council. They also spied on the humans of the Hillsbrad Foothills.
Rogues among the Forsaken who newly gained their free will from the Lich King were introduced into the Deathstalkers after completing certain tasks. These tasks were often very dangerous and could mean the potential Deathstalker's death.
Wrath of the Lich King
This section concerns content related to Wrath of the Lich King.
Some Deathstalkers joined the group called The Hand of Vengeance which went to Northrend to fight the Lich King. During an attack on Lich King in Dragonblight, leader of the Deathstalkers, Varimathras, raised a revolt wanting to summon the Burning Legion to Azeroth. Since the organization still exists after Varimathras' defeat, it can be assumed that most Deathstalkers remained loyal to their Queen.
This section concerns content related to Cataclysm.
The Deathstalkers participated in the invasion of Gilneas. Belmont has become the commander of the assassins in Silverpine and Gilneas. He organized the majority of operations during the war with Gilneas, dealt with the reviving of Lord Godfrey and subsequently avenging the queen when he ventured into Shadowfang Keep to kill its new leaders.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
- Arathi Deathstalker
- Deathstalker Agent
- Deathstalker Lookout
- Deathstalker Invader
- Deathstalker Bodychopper
- Deathstalker (NPC)
- Forsaken Deathstalker
- Aleric Hawkins may be the new leader of the Deathstalkers due to his blatant insistence that he is not. After all, it is not the best of positions to have after the Battle for the Undercity.
- The Deathstalkers may have originally been members of the bandit army led by Blackthorn shortly after the Third War, raised as undead by Sylvanas. When capturing Blackthorn, she though that the idea of having her own band of assassins was intriguing.
- Shadowstalkers and Dreadguards may be subgroups of the Deathstalkers.
- Shadowstalkers serve the exact same function as the Deathstalkers but in Northrend and already share a similar name.
- Dreadguards serve as the elite guard of the Dark Lady, a task that has also been accredited to the Deathstalkers, hence "Dreadguard" may be the moniker of an elite Deathstalker tasked to guard Sylvanas.