Deathwing (WC2 Human)
- For lore and background information about the black dragon, see Deathwing.
|Previous: The Fall of Auchindoun|
|Next: Coast of Bones|
|Alternate level: The Seas of Azeroth|
|Campaign: Human Campaign|
|Place: Deathwing's Lair, Devouring Sea|
|Outcome: Alliance Expedition victory|
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
The arcane powers that surround the blazing ruins of Auchindoun have made urgent the summoning of Khadgar to the dark lands of the Orcs. The destruction of the Bleeding Hollow clan was not without great price, however, for both Kurdran and his mount Sky'ree were captured by the Horde.
While examining the remains of the great fortress, the Arch-Wizard has learned not only the location of the Book of Medivh, but also that another artifact is needed for Ner'zhul's plans to reach fruition - the Skull of Gul'dan. Khadgar believes it will be possible to destroy the Portal and permanently seal the rift created by Medivh if he can acquire these artifacts.
A great mountain isle lies to the northeast, atop which the Black Dragon Deathwing dwells. The Skull of Gul'dan lies within his lair. Alleria and Khadgar have agreed to aid you in stealing away the Skull and - if possible - destroy the great Dragon.
It is rumored that Orcish tribes live on this island and offer captives from the Great War as sacrifices to Deathwing. If you can rescue them, they may know of some weakness in the creature...
- Destroy Deathwing and his lair
- Khadgar, Alleria and Kurdran must survive
- Deathwing is tagged as if he was of the Shadowmoon clan in order to actually appear black.
- The great dragon merely retreated from the battle, but it was still the end of his participation in the Invasion of Draenor.
- As they are wearing violet, the Alliance prisoners may be from Nethergarde Keep.