120 (Requires 120)
+150 The Honorbound
Speak with Hobart Grapplehammer to dive to the ocean floor, then test your headlamp.
We need you to retrieve Marshal M. Valentine's body at the ocean floor below.
I should warn you: this part of the ocean is going to be very deep, and very dark, and very cold.
Speak with Hobart at the starboard side of the ship. He's brought all the machinery you'll need to get to the ocean floor.
You will receive:
...looks like you made it...
...I'll give you instructions...
...try not to get eaten.
(Hobart Grapplehammer: Hobart speaks to you through your helmet. It's very hard to understand him.)
- On accept
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: This is the place?
- Thomas Zelling says: I'm sure of it. The tides do not lie: Valentine is down there.
- Nathanos Blightcaller says: Excellent. You and <name>, go talk to Hobart. He will outfit <name> with the knowledge and equipment necessary to dive to the ocean floor.
- Thomas Zelling says: As you wish.
- Thomas salutes and goes to Hobart.
- Captain Amalia Stone says: I can't do it, Lilian.
- Captain Amalia Stone says: I know they would never accept me like... like this, but I cannot turn against my people.
- Lilian Voss says: Give it time, Stone. We all take time to get used to life after death.
- Captain Amalia Stone says: Even you?
- Lilian Voss says: Yes. Even me.
- Speaking with Hobart
Aha! Our diver's here!
Your timing's perfect. I just finished patching up the last hole in the air hose.
I got a few diver's safety rules for you before we go. You payin' attention?
Yes, I'm paying attention.
Great! Rule number one: Keep your helmet on at all times.
I don't care about no water-breathing magical flim-flam. The pressure down there will crush a <race>'s skull. Plus, I'll be using a static-proof earpiece to communicate with you doing the mission. Got it?
Don't take my helmet off. Got it.
Sweet. Rule number two: DON'T LEAVE YOUR HEADLAMP ON:
Seriously. Don't leave your headlamp on for longer than, oh, I dunno, twenty seconds or so. Unless you wanna get eaten by a shark. You see a shark, you turn that light off. Understood?
Don't leave my headlamp on too long. Understood.
Perfect. Let's see here...
<Hobart flips through a soggy manual.>
Safety rules three through seventeen are unimportant and boring. You ready to go?
After reaching the bottom, you have the Deep Sea Diving buff and the extra button Headlamp is available. Leaving it on for too long triggers a message:
- You sense something large lurking in the water nearby...
If you leave it on, a whale shark appears and kills you.
- Your headlamp attracted a whale shark!
Use the extra button Headlamp off to turn the light off.
- It seems like it swam away.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Added.