Defensive Stance is a level 60 Arms warrior talent. Once active it reduces damage taken by 20% and damage dealt by 10%.
Previously, Defensive Stance was granted to the warrior via one of a number of equivalent warrior class quests as listed below. With the changes in Patch 4.0.1, these quests no longer need to be completed, and they were removed in patch 4.0.3a.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Changed to an Arms talent and redesigned. Now reduces damage taken by 20% and damage dealt by 10% while active.
- Hotfix (2016-07-22): "Pants and weapons are no longer changing appearances after entering Defensive Stance."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now reduces damage taken by 20% (down from 25%).
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now has a 1.5-second cooldown (down from 3 seconds).
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now decreases damage taken by 25%, up from 15%.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Now reduces damage by 15% (was 25%).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Damage reduction increased from 10% to 25%. Now also generates 1 Rage per 3 sec while in combat.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Threat generated has been increased to 500% damage done, up from 300%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Now increases threat by 200% and damage taken by 10%. Available at level 10 for 6 46.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Now reduces damage caused by 5%. (Was 10%.)
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Now increases threat by 45%.
- Patch 1.1.1 (2004-11-17): Defensive Stance has been improved to hold aggro more effectively.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Now reduces damage taken and damage caused instead of increasing Defense skill.