||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
- The subject of this article does not exist on the retail realms anymore.
- The categories should reflect this, and should not include retail realm categories.
The Defias Messenger is a Defias Brotherhood member who can be found walking the western road between Moonbrook and the Jangolode Mine in Westfall. His route begins in Moonbrook, where he spawns in front of the blacksmith's building at [44.4, 69.6]. He then travels the road north, visits the Gold Coast Quarry and Jangolode Mine, and returns to Moonbrook the same way.
He carries [A Mysterious Message]; he's probably delivering it to Blacknails straight from Edwin VanCleef himself. Gryan Stoutmantle wants you to retrieve it.
- Am I carrying any letters addressed to <name>? Why, no! Looks like it's time for you to die!
- Death to any <Race> that stands in my way!
- Die in the name of Edwin Van Cleef!
- Here's a singing telegram for <name>: Roses are red, violets are blue, I will kill any <Race> I see, including you!
- I have a special message for <name>. And it says you must die!
- I'll deliver you, weak <Class>, to the afterlife!
- Who dares interfere with the business of the Defias Brotherhood? Die <Class>!
- Who dares to provoke the messenger of Edwin Van Cleef? Die <Race>!
- Though neutral, the Defias Messenger will attack players who attack nearby members of the Defias Brotherhood. Likewise, attacking the messenger may provoke nearby Defias members to come to his aid.
- At about half health, he will flee at an unusually high speed.
- He can be fairly difficult to find on the road, as he actually takes time to enter the mines at the Gold Coast Quarry and Jangolode. Thus, unless the zone is unusually empty of players, it may be easier to just wait at his spawn point.
- If you're not going to kill him, it's considered good form to announce his location in the Westfall general chat so other players can find him more easily. It's also considered extremely selfish to kill him when you do not have the quest.