|Character class||Death knight|
Delvar Ironfist is a dwarf death knight who was recruited as a follower by the Alliance commander during their initial tour of Stormshield. Delvar Ironfist is a surly dwarf that loves battle almost as much as mead. His grand-father trained him when he was just a lad. described him as opinionated, a bit gruff and overbearing dwarf. He can also be seen watching fights between garrison commanders in the Coliseum of Highmaul.
His Horde counterpart is .
- Me grandpa Gygax trained me when I was just a lad. Ye won't be finding a better warrior in these parts. I can promise ye that.
- Look, I don't have time for any... Oh, it's you!
- Well it's about time ye showed up. I'm done slumming around with these new recruits.
- Me blade is sharp, me armor is spit shined and I combed me beard this mornin'.
- I've been ready for battle since me grandpa Gygax first put an axe in me wee lil hand.
- So whad'ya say, commander?
Abilities and Traits
- Delvar will always have as his first ability, which counters Massive Strike.
- If Delvar is epic, he will have a random second ability.
- Delvar will always have Bodyguard as his first trait.
- Delvar's other traits are always random.
- In Warlords of Draenor beta, Delvar used to be an Arms Warrior. He was changed before launch to Blood Death Knight.
- When Delvar serves as a companion, other players will see him as Stormshield Death Knight.
- When Delvar's reputation reaches Wingman, his axe does not upgrade along with his armor. As a result, he punches enemies with his fist.
- Delvar wears a reskinned version of the death knight tier 10 armor, Scourgelord's Battlegear. This version is unavailable to players. It is also worn by in the Halls of Reflection and in Icecrown Citadel.
- Delvar's mention of his grandpa Gygax is a reference to Gary Gygax, creator of Dungeons & Dragons.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Added.