||The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
- This includes items and quests that can no longer be obtained or are now deprecated.
- The in-game information in this article is kept purely for historical purposes.
- Demon Armor
- Level 8 warlock ability
- Instant cast
- Protects the caster, increasing armor by X, and increasing the amount of health generated through spells and effects by 20%.
Only one type of Armor spell can be active on the Warlock at any time.
An orc warlock protecting himself with demonic energy
Demon Armor is a Shadow based warlock spell that increases the warlock's armor and health generated through spells.
Tips and tactics
- For warlocks from 8-62, this spell should always be maintained. Its long duration means you don't need to recast it very often, and it's usefulness is not to be underestimated.
After gaining [Fel Armor] at level 62, Demon Armor is oft forgotten. However it still has its uses:
- The Healing bonus applies to bandages and Healthstones as well, so turning it on after a resurrection of any variety is both useful & efficient.
- The added armor and health regen is useful in Multi-mob drain tanking of higher levels, a PvE grinding technique for Affliction Warlocks.
- It is useful in PvP, especially for affliction locks due to its quality of enhancing both [Haunt] and [Drain Life], in addition to the glorious armor bonus.
- It can also be used for lock tanking, which is useful e.g. against the Blood Prince Council in Icecrown Citadel as it increases healing received by 20% and more if it is specced with [Demonic Aegis].
Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08):
No longer costs mana. Duration now lasts until cancelled, up from 30 minutes.
Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20):
Armor granted increased by approximately 120%.
Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14):
No longer grants health regeneration or shadow resistance (HP5 merged into [Fel Armor]
). Now increases all self-healing received by 20%. Tooltips updated.
Patch 2.4.3 (2008-07-15):
No longer considered a magic
effect and cannot be dispelled.
Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22):
The armor increase will now stack together with Scrolls of Protection.
Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12):
Now increases health regeneration at all times, as was always intended. Previously, the health regeneration only occurred out of combat. Tooltip updated.
Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15):
Shadow resistance bonus increased.