Demonic Circle consists of two separate spells, , which creates the demonic circle, and , which teleports the caster to his demonic circle. There are two main limitations on this spell, one with each half:
- , which has a base cast time of .5 seconds, gives the warlock a 15 minute buff which is required to use Demonic Circle: Teleport. This buff is normally removed by timing out, by entering an instance, or through death.
- , which is an instant cast, is limited by a 40 yd range and a 30 second CD.
These limitations mean that a warlock cannot make this spell into a makeshift hearth, although effective application can be very useful.
One VERY significant use for this spell is in boss fights where the boss casts a nova spell such as Morchok's Black Blood of the Earth. Demonic Circle can effectively be used to move out of range or LoS of the nova up to the last second, taking into account GCD, and allowing warlocks to continue DPS'ing at a point when all other party members are running away. This ability is also useful for use on "Hourglass Duty" on Murozond.
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Duration increased to 15 minutes (was 6 minutes).
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): and Demonic Circle have swapped talent locations.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): New visual spell effect.
- Patch 3.2.2 (2009-09-22): This ability now correctly removes the snaring component of .
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): The visual for this spell should now despawn when the warlock dies or when the warlock otherwise loses the aura that allows transport to the circle.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): The teleport now clears all snare effects. This does not include many freeze effects in boss fights.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.