Demonic Gateway is a level 87 warlock ability.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Now has a 10 second cooldown.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Demonic Gateways no longer have charges (up from being limited to 5 charges). Every party or raid member can use them once every 90 seconds (up from 45 seconds). The maximum distance apart they can be placed is now 40 yards (down from 70 yards).
- Hotfix (2014-05-13): "Demonic Gateway can no longer be cast during the Preparation phase in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and Rated Battlegrounds."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Demonic Gateways are no longer attackable once more and no longer temporarily removes threat from the user. The debuff from using a Demonic Gateway has been increased to 60 seconds (up from 15 seconds).
- Hotfix (2013-05-22): "Demonic Gateway now should correctly gain charges while the Warlock is mounted or on a passenger mount."
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Cast time has been reduced to 3 seconds, down from 5 seconds, gains its first charge after 5 seconds (down from 13 seconds), and gains a new charge every 10 seconds (down from 15 seconds). The summoned gateway has 100% of the summoning Warlock's health, 100% of the Warlock's resilience, and can now be attacked and killed by enemy players.
- Hotfix (2013-03-21): "Demonic Gateway should no longer despawn when the casting Warlock moves far away."
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27):
- Demonic Gateway must now be activated by the player wishing to teleport.
- Demonic Gateway's duration has been increased to 15 minutes, and it will no longer despawn if the Warlock moves too far away. In addition, this ability can no longer be used in any capital city.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.