Demonic Runes drop from high-level demons. The best places to look are the demon camps in Felwood, Azshara and in the eastern part of Dire Maul. They can also be found on the elite demons in Winterspring and Blasted Lands.
- This item does not share a cooldown with a mana potion. It does, however, share a cooldown with healthstones and will activate a 15 minute cooldown on a healthstone.
- If you die as the result of using a demonic rune, you will not suffer 10% durability damage.
As an Ingredient
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Stacks to 200, up from 20.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): The damage dealt by Demonic Rune will no longer be affected by the user's increased spell damage items.
- Patch 1.8.0 (2005-10-10):
- Demonic Rune has been changed to an Uncommon (green) item so it will display the bind on pickup dialogue when looted.
- Invulnerability will no longer protect you from a Demonic Rune.