Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Demoralizing shout is a level 50 Protection warrior ability.
- Cannot be used while silenced.
Tips and Tactics
- Demoralizing Shout is an ability that reduces damage done by enemies in a 10 yard radius. Demoralizing shout will pull non-hostile monsters and will put you into PvP mode if it hits nearby hostile players while in your own territory, so be careful with it.
- Typically useful while tanking, as you naturally want to take less damage.
- Brings stealthed units out of stealth if it hits them.
- Obviously this skill should be used when fighting multiple mobs where its effects are multiplied. However it is even worth using against a single enemy, even one that is slightly inferior. The damage reduction is noticeable and it is cheap to apply. For solo grinding on melee mobs, many warriors start off with a charge followed by demoralizing shout.
- Be aware if there are neutral mobs nearby using demoralizing shout (or any other debuff) will cause them to turn hostile and attack.
- Does not break crowd control.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now lasts 8 seconds (down from 10 seconds).
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Protection specialization ability. Rage cost removed, duration reduced from 30 to 10 sec, damage reduction increased from 10% to 20%. Now affects all damage.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer reduces attack power by a set amount.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): Tooltip updated to display area of effect (in yards).
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): Effect is now reduced at higher ranks.