Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- For Dentarg's Warcraft II statistics, see Dentarg (Warcraft II).
|Affiliation(s)||Horde of Draenor, Shadowmoon clan|
|Occupation||Enforcer of Ner'zhul|
Dentarg was, and had always been, unquestioningly loyal to Ner'zhul, and was known for offering the heads of traitors as trophies to his master. Dentarg and his master were present when the Dark Portal was destroyed by the Alliance at the end of the Second War. After Ner'zhul was wounded by the blast Dentarg was quick to gently gather his master in his arms and bring Ner'zhul to the rest of the Shadowmoon clan so that the chieftain could heal from his wounds.
Two years later, Teron explained Ner'zhul his plan to gather Azeroth's artifacts and leave Draenor, Dentarg sent emissaries to the surviving clans of Draenor, resulting in the Warsong and Shattered Hand clans coming to Ner'zhul's side; Grom Hellscream himself aided Dentarg by sending his own emissaries as well. Once Dentarg returned from his mission, he reported that the Whiteclaw clan was clan no more. Dentarg then became Ner'zhul enforcer, putting back in line the clans of Draenor when they opposed his absolute rule.
Dentarg later joined Ner'zhul when the elder shaman journeyed to the Black Temple in order to perform the ritual to open the portals that would allow the Horde to invade other worlds. Upon learning that Kargath and his clan were to remain behind to hold off the Alliance, Dentarg remarked to Ner'zhul that the Shattered Hand could not win; Ner'zhul replied that they just had to buy time for the ritual. Dentarg was surprised when Ner'zhul ordered him to remain behind in the Hellfire Citadel and aid Kargath, an order that Dentarg balked at as he believed that his place should be by Ner'zhul's side. After learning about the magi employed by the Alliance and that Teron Gorefiend would be present at Ner'zhul's side at the Black Temple, Dentarg reluctantly remained behind but promised that he would journey to the Black Temple should he survive.
During the battle with the Sons of Lothar, Dentarg entered into a duel of magic with Archmage Khadgar of Dalaran. Dentarg's magic couldn't strike through Khadgar's defenses, and when Dentarg sent his most powerful spell Khadgar merely absorbed it into his palm and was refreshed by it. Accepting his defeat against a more powerful sorcerer, he bowed his head and Khadgar decapitated him.
Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal
Some of Dentarg's most famous exploits include retrieving the Skull of Gul'dan from a Bonechewer clan captain, employing both the Thunderlord clan and a group of Shattered Hand clan warriors. He also personally oversaw the defeat of the Bonechewers and Thunderlords during an uprising before the second crossing into Azeroth, as the two clans refused to follow Ner'zhul's orders.
Warcraft Adventures: Lord of the Clans
In the canceled Warcraft Adventures, Grommash Hellscream had one of Dentarg's skulls inside his hideout at the orcish reservation. Singe told Thrall that Dentarg and the Shadowmoon clan betrayed the Warsong clan before the humans destroyed the Second Portal.
- See: Quotes of Dentarg.
- In Warcraft II, Dentarg, as with all ogre characters in the game, is shown and speaks with two heads. In the novel Beyond the Dark Portal, he appears to only have one, as all mentions of a head are singular. Furthermore, when Khadgar defeats him, only one head is cut off, and it is unlikely that Khadgar would only have removed one (though the loss of one head would have likely resulted in death anyway).
- In Warcraft II, Dentarg's heads spoke in perfect unison and did not argue. But he did refer to himself as "we" rather than "I," as he does in Beyond the Dark Portal.
- In Warcraft II Dentarg, as seen above, Dentarg was the one to claim the Skull of Gul'dan for Ner'zhul but Beyond the dark Portal established Grom Hellscream and the Warsong as the force that retrieved the Skull for Ner'zhul.
- In Warcraft Adventures, he was implied to have more than one head.
- In the TCG, Dentarg was supposed to appear as a playable ally. Blizzard's CDev team then confirmed to the TCG artists that Dentarg was supposed to have only one head, but the Dentarg card was eventually demoted back to a common one simply called "Shadowmoon Mage".
- ^ Beyond the Dark Portal, pg. 423
- ^ Warcraft II: Beyond the Dark Portal manual, Legends of the Land, Dentarg
- ^ a b Rosenberg, Aaron; Christie Golden. Beyond the Dark Portal, 261. ISBN 978-1-4165-5086-0.
- ^ The Skull of Gul'dan (WC2 Orc)
- ^ Thunderlord and Bonechewer (WC2 Orc)
- ^ Mike Sacco on Scrolls of Lore
- ^ Mike Sacco on Scrolls of Lore