|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 5.0.4.
Desecration is a talent in tier 2 of the Unholy tree.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Removed.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): No longer triggers when an applicable strike hits a snare-immune target. This is primarily to avoid unnecessary spell effect clutter during boss encounters.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Desecration is now also triggered by .
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): The debuff from this ability will no longer sometimes appear as if it were cast by someone else. In addition, the visual and snare from this ability will now both dissipate at the same time. Further, this talent will now respect snare immunities, and no longer sometimes snare immune targets. Duration increased to 20 seconds from 12.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04):
- This talent has been reduced to 2 points for 25/50% snare and no longer increases damage done by the death knight. It has also been moved one tier earlier in the tree and its spell effect has been made more transparent.
- No longer causes unnecessary combat logging.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): This talent now has a 100% chance to be triggered. Additional points in the talent increase the damage bonus and snare magnitude instead of increasing the chance.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Will no longer break stealth.