|Sources: World of Warcraft: Cataclysm|
Desolation Hold is a Horde fortress in Southern Barrens located on the western side of the Battlescar, with the Alliance outpost Fort Triumph on the eastern side. Warlord Gar'dul had Desolation Hold constructed over a Silithid colony, known as the Field of Giants, over Crawgol's objections.
Warlord Gar'dul, who was in charge of the Horde in the region, failed to live up to the expectations of Warchief Garrosh, because of this he has sent Warlord Bloodhilt to investigate the situation and solve the problem. Warlord Bloodhilt, having solved the issue, took command of the fortress until he joined the war effort in Pandaria and relocated to Domination Point, where he met his end.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Mudsprocket, Dustwallow Marsh
- Hunter's Hill, Southern Barrens
- Camp Mojache, Feralas
- Westreach Summit, Thousand Needles
- Brackenwall Village, Dustwallow Marsh
- Among the NPCs is an "Awkward Gangly Orc" who will, after questioning, turn into a Revealed SI:7 Spy - a human wearing a Hallow's End orc mask. Additionally, mobs called Barrens Operative can be found sneaking around just outside the walls.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.