110 (Requires 110)
Witness True Betrayal in Shadowmoon Valley on the fringes of Outland.
Hardly recognizable from the golden eyed child of prophecy, and living as an outcast on the fringes of a shattered world, his motivation remained unchanged. His assaults on the Legion and his attempts to end their march were his only focus.
Yet, in a strange twist of fate, it was not the Burning Legion who came for him in the end.
We must travel to Outland to experience Illidan's last memory.
Forgive me, noble soul. I mislead you. Light's Heart was not the vessel that required preparation, it was yours.
You, who sacrificed everything for your world, and served your master dutifully until the end. These memories will serve to strengthen your resolve. Look to them when the dark temptation surrounds you and let them grant you the strength to resist and rise against the corrupters.
We will save Illidan and once more you will battle at the side of your master for the fate of all worlds.
Players Who Already Killed Illidan
I wept when I touched your consciousness in the Great Dark, mortal. For I saw his fall, and I saw you, your shadow casting a dark pall over his body. I felt hatred in your heart as it corrupted your mind.
It was not Light's Heart, but you, that needed preparation. Now you know truth. Are you prepared to do what must be done to save your world and all others?
When the time is right, I will call upon you to begin the hunt for Illidan's soul.
His rebirth will be the story of your redemption.
Players Who Never Killed Illidan
In the end, the denizens of Azeroth and Outland came to exact their vengeance upon Illidan. Though you did not strike a blow against him, you were complicit in his fall.
I showed you Illidan's life so that you would understand why he fought and made the choices that he made. Yours was the vessel that needed preparation.
If the hatred and doubt in your heart has subsided, take your place at the side of the Light. Soon I will call upon you as we begin the hunt for Illidan's soul.
- 24,680 XP
Depending on Class and if they player already killed Illidan or not the Completion text changes.
Near the temple's entrance, when Xe'ra prompts you.
- Xe'ra says: An ancient memory stirs. When you are prepared, call to me and together we will uncover a piece of Illidan's past.
Press the extra action button to see a cutscene.
This quest shows the battle in Illidan's perspective. When the scenario completes itself, a cinematic plays.
- Illidan falls to the ground weakened and starts hearing voices from the past.
- Kur'talos Ravencrest: You are relieved of duty: Illidan.
- Illidan Stormrage: You have cast me out Cenarius!
- Cenarius: Your anger is misplaced...
- Kur'talos Ravencrest: You've killed them all Illidan!
- Kur'talos Ravencrest: WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!
- Illidan collapses and sees himself talk to Cenarius and Tyrande in the back.
- Cenarius: To walk this path requires sacrifice, Illidan...
- Cenarius: something you have yet to understand.
- Tyrande's face saddens.
- Illidan Stormrage: Tyrande...
After the cinematic finishes:
- Xe'ra says: Tyrande... The world is only as meaningful to us as the beings that inhabit it. Even in the end, Illidan saw her as clearly as the first time he laid eyes on her. He never lost sight of his world. You must ask yourself how far will you go for yours.
After unlocking the first two Class Hall champions:
- (paladin only)
- (requires level 110)
- (requires Artifact Knowledge level 2)
- (requires Artifact Knowledge level 5)
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.