|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 7.0.3.
Deterrence is a hunter ability learned at level 78. It reduces all damage taken by 30% and causes all melee, ranged and spell attacks against the hunter to be deflected, but leaves the hunter unable to attack for the duration.
- This ability can help a hunter to survive in melee combat.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Removed. Replaced by .
- Hotfix (2014-10-14): "Resolved an issue where Deterrence modified by Glyph of Mirrored Blades was not reflecting spells back at the target."
- Hotfix (2013-12-11): "Deterrence modified by the talent Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera should now correctly provide immunity to physical interrupt effects."
- Hotfix (2013-09-19): "Deterrence should now correctly have a 5-second cooldown after using a charge for Hunters with the Crouching Tiger, Hidden Chimera talent."
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Now has a 3-minute cooldown (up from 2 minutes) but has 2 charges.
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Deterrence now properly prevents the stun effect from the Warrior talent Warbringer."
- Patch 4.3.2 (2012-01-31): Now also reduces damage taken by 30% while active.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Deterrence no longer requires a melee weapon to be equipped.
- Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08): Now provides 100% chance for melee attacks to miss instead of 100% parry chance. This means that attacks that cannot be parried, notably some rogue abilities, can now be prevented by Deterrence, and the hunter will gain the benefit of Deterrence even if disarmed.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Is now available at level 78, up from level 36, and has had its training cost updated.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): No longer a talent, now available to all hunters.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Now also increases the chance for ranged attacks to miss the hunter by 100% while under its effect.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This ability now allows the hunter to parry spells and attacks from behind as well as in front. Now has a new visual spell effect.
- Patch 3.0.8 (2009-01-20): Design changed to grant 100% parry and 100% chance to "deflect" spells coming from the front, but prevents the Hunter from attacking. Lasts 5 sec. 60 sec. cooldown.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Cooldown reduced to 3 minutes, and now also increases your chance to resist spells by 60%. Now has a new spell effect.
- Patch 1.7.0 (2005-09-22): Will now increase parry chance when using Fist Weapons.