|The subject of this article was removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.3a but is present in World of Warcraft: Classic.
Dextren Ward was a level 26 elite human mini-boss in the Stormwind Stockade. He was particularly dangerous because he could cause fear, very deadly in a small cramped instance like The Stockade. It was recommended you cleared all mobs in nearby rooms before attempting him.
- Battle Stance — Assumes a balanced combat stance that generates rage when the warrior is hit, as well as when the warrior strikes an opponent.
- Frightening Shout — Shouts at nearby enemies causing them to flee in fear for 6 sec.
- Strike — Strikes at an enemy, inflicting weapon damage plus additional damage.
Notes and trivia
- Apparently Dextren does not appear in every instance of Stockades. If he does appear he will be in one of the rooms at the extreme end of the left hall (from the entrance). Leaving and reentering the instance may cause Dextren to disappear.
- A chest will sometimes appear by Ward. It is especially important to grab this if it appears, as the instance is very sparse on loot.
- This is a reference to The Case of Charles Dexter Ward by H.P. Lovecraft.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Removed.