- For the Un'Goro Crater mob, see Diemetradon (mob).
A diemetradon is a finned reptile found in Un'Goro Crater, the Searing Gorge, Maraudon, and Shadowmoon Valley. Archaeologists believe crocolisks may be descended from the diemetradons of Un'Goro Crater. Some kinds can use sonic bursts to silence their foes. Diemetradons abandon their hatchlings in Un'Goro Crater to fend for themselves. Only the strongest survive. An odd sort of diemetradon is the incendosaur, a bright red reptile that lives comfortably at the bottom of the Slag Pit in the Searing Gorge.
- Diemetradon Hatchling (critter)
- Elder Diemetradon
- Felfire Diemetradon
- Greater Felfire Diemetradon
- Subterranean Diemetradon
- Young Diemetradon
As a companion pet
- Main article: Diemetradon Hatchling
In the RPG
The diemetradon — one of the strongest predators in the Un'Goro Crater — stalks its prey and rips it apart without mercy. Thick, shell-like plates cover this dinosaur's thick hide. Its six powerful stumpy legs end in sharp claws, and jagged teeth line its mouth. Two enormous, jagged red crests protrude from its back. This creature uses both its squat, strong legs tipped with sharp claws and its wickedly fanged mouth to great advantage, tearing apart its prey without a second thought. The diemetradon lumbers straight into battle, ripping and tearing with its claws and teeth. It targets enemies that deal large amounts of damage to it and attempts to dispatch them as quickly as possible, using its powerful attack to full advantage. The diemetradon also attempts to bull rush its enemies into trees or swampy areas.
- Diemetradons are named and modeled after the Dimetrodon, a genus of synapsids that lived during the Early Permian. While diemetradons are considered dinosaurs in the RPG, the real-life Dimetrodon, like all other synapsids, was in fact closer related to mammals.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Model updated.