(Redirected from Dire ape)
In the RPG
- These powerful omnivores resemble gorillas but are far more aggressive; they kill and eat anything they can catch. An adult male ape is 5-1/2 to 6 feet tall and weighs 300 to 400 pounds. Apes tear prey apart with their mighty claws. They live in warm forests.
- Dire apes are found on Azeroth and in the Emerald Dream. They are larger species of standard ape standing about 9 feet tall and weighs from 800 to 1,200 pounds. It is a large gorilla with silver down on its back. It has a shaggy coat that does little to hide the muscles in its frame, which bulge far more than normal muscles should. They can also be summoned by druids. Some druids choose them as their an animal companion. Dire apes attack anything that enters their territory, even other dire apes. If an opponent’s armor foils a dire ape’s attacks, the creature attempts to grapple and pin, then rend the prone opponent.
- ^ Lone Wolf: Power of the Primates
- ^ a b
- ^ World of Warcraft: Chronicle Volume 1, pg. 78 - A bold and mischievous race of monkeys, known as the hozen, also came to inhabit the dense jungles that encircled much of the vale.
- ^ Farmhand Dooka
- ^ Baby Ape
- ^ a b World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 345
- ^ Monster Guide Web Supplement, pg. 3
- ^ Shadows & Light, pg. 145
- ^ a b Monster Guide, pg. 31
- ^ World of Warcraft: The Roleplaying Game, pg. 70