Disarm is a warrior honor talent, available at rank 19 for Arms and Fury, and rank 22 for Protection. It removes the target's main hand and ranged weapons for 8 seconds. This has the effect of lowering a mob's damage, but usually shows a greater effect against players.
Tips and Tactics
- Disarm is typically used to the greatest effect against melee classes, or hunters. Disarm is of little use against casters since they almost never use their weapons.
- Using this against a warrior or a rogue will be very useful, since most of their abilities require a melee weapon.
- Disarm is very effective against hunters, as many of their abilities require a ranged weapon. It also prevents them from using abilities such as and to kite you. They will still be able to set traps however, so it is still a good idea to use on the initial .
- Patch 7.1.5 (2017-01-10): Re-added as an honor talent.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Removed.
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): The durations of all disarm effects have been reduced to 8 seconds.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Rage cost removed, can now be used in any stance.
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): This ability now disarms ranged weapons as well.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Rage cost reduced to 15.
- Patch 2.3.0 (2007-11-13): Is now subject to diminishing returns in PvP.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Will only work on targets that are carrying weapons. Changed to an instant ability.