Dismiss Pet is a level 10 hunter ability. It sends the hunter's current pet away, allowing for another active pet to be called or allowing to activate. The pet is only temporarily gone and can be called back again with .
In the spellbook, this ability is found inside the Pet Utility button.
Tips and tactics
- When calling a previously-dismissed pet, it will appear with the same amount of health as it was dismissed with.
- A pet can also be "dismissed" by ordering it to Move To a location, then walking out of range. Dismissing a pet this way will cause it to appear with full health the next time it's called.
- Dismiss Pet can be used in combat to save a pet from death.
- Dismiss Pet can be used to prevent a pet from drawing aggro; this is especially useful in certain instances.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer requires the hunter to have line of sight on their pet.
- Patch 5.4.2 (2013-12-10): Now disabled after the pre-match preparatory period in Arena.
- Patch 5.2.0 (2013-03-05): Cast time increased to 3 seconds.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Casting time reduced from 5 seconds to 2 seconds. Ranged increased from 10 yds to unlimited. This ability no longer causes Happiness loss.