Dissension (WC3 Human)
|Previous: The Shores of Northrend|
|Campaign: The Scourge of Lordaeron|
|Place: Daggercap Bay, Howling Fjord, Northrend|
|Outcome: Arthas victory
|Commanders and leaders|
|Casualties and losses|
|template | talk | edit|
Early the next morning at Arthas' new base camp...
Upon returning to their base camp both Arthas and Muradin learn that the Alliance forces were being recalled to Lordaeron by King Terenas, who was convinced to do so by Uther the Lightbringer. Knowing that he couldn't defeat Mal'Ganis without his men, Arthas and a reluctant Muradin set out to destroy the naval ships to prevent the rest of the Alliance from returning home. As the Alliance cut their way through the woods, Arthas was forced to hire mercenaries in order to fight through the undead and burn the ships. Arthas's mission would be successfully and his men would finish hacking through the woods just in time to see the last ship burning. With his men dismayed at being unable to go home, Arthas would blame the mercenaries for burning the ships and led the charge against them himself.
- 2 Blue Dragon Whelps
- 2 Blue Drakes
- 1 Frost Revenants
- 4 Murloc Huntsmans
- 4 Murloc Nightcrawlers
- 4 Murloc Tiderunners
- 1 Nerubian Queen
- 1 Nerubian Seer
- 1 Nerubian Warrior
- 1 Nerubian Webspinner
- 1 Pandaren (hidden behind trees, he is only visible if your Mortar Teams survived far enough into the mission to blast the trees out of the way).
- 3 Spiderlings
- Captain: I apologize, emissary, but the prince is away on an errand. What brings you to this desolate place?
- Emissary: By royal edict, you men are to return to Lordaeron immediately. Lord Uther has convinced the king to recall this expedition.
- Captain: We're to just pick up and leave?
- undead. You'll need to find an alternate route back to your ships. Emissary: That's correct. My men report that the roads from here to the shore are held by the
- Turning to his Footmen, as the Emissary takes his leave.
- Captain: To hell with the undead! We'll cut our way through the woods, men!
- Footmen salute, then run off to the south. Arthas and Muradin then run down onto the scene from the north.
- Arthas: Captain, why are the guards not at their posts?
- Captain: Well, milord, your father had our troops recalled at Lord Uther's request.
- Mal'Ganis. The ships must be burned before the men reach the shore! Arthas: Uther had my troops recalled? Damn it! If my warriors abandon me, I'll never defeat
- Muradin Bronzebeard: Isn't that a bit much, lad?
- Arthas: Burned down to their frames! No one goes home until our job here is done!
During the Mission
- Arthas: We'll need more men to fight our way through the undead.
- Muradin Bronzebeard: I've come across a few mercenary camps up here. Perhaps we can hire a few of them?
- Arthas: Damn Uther for forcing me to do this!
- Arthas: Very good! But there are still more ships to deal with!
- Arthas: Well done! Only one ship remains!
- Captain: Prince Arthas?
- Arthas: Quickly, my warriors! These murderous creatures have burned our ships and robbed you of your way home! Slay them all in the name of Lordaeron!
- Footman: Damn beasts!
- Knight: Kill them all!
- The mercenaries are killed by Arthas' men.
- Footman: Our ships are ruined. What will we do now?
- Arthas: Listen to me, all of you! There is no way home for any of us, save through victory! In this land we will stand or fall together. Now, return to the base and man your posts.
- The Goblin Laboratory can be attacked and destroyed.