- Misdirection is the art of making someone see or hear what isn't there.
When Distract is active, a circle appears on the ground underneath your mouse indicating the distract's radius of effect. When used (by clicking on the ground), any hostile creature inside of the distract radius will snap their attention towards the center of the circle for 10 seconds. After 10 seconds the creatures will return to their normal position.
- Because a mob's chance of detecting you is greatly reduced when positioned behind them, you can use distract to turn mobs around and sneak around them.
- Distract can be used in PvP on hostile characters. Use distract on fleeing opponents to give yourself a chance to catch up.
- Distract has a small chance of being resisted. A mob leveled higher than the rogue has a greater chance of resisting distract.
- Distract does not require .
- If you're having trouble gauging the depth of the field you're on, you can use distract as a visual marker. The range of distract is 30 yards, so hold the distract circle out in front of you until it turns red—the exact point where your marker turns red is exactly 30 yards from your current location.
- Distract can be used to allow gathering without combat. If a mob patrols over or near the node, just distract it while it's as far away as possible. You should have time to loot and restealth before the mob returns.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Distract is now trained at level 28, up from 22.
- Patch 1.2.0 (2004-12-18): Distract is now effective against creatures that are already distracted.
- Patch 0.9 (2004-08-17): Moved to level 22.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Energy cost increased.
- Patch 0.6 (2004-04-13): Added.