Disturbing the Past (death knight)
98 - 110 (Requires 98)
- Ariden's Camp investigated
It has remained strangely untouched for all this time, which leads me to believe it may still have a connection to its former owner.
Help me search the camp. Let's see if we can find something to lead us to the Dark Riders.
Dark energy hums from the journal, which appears to be the writings of Ariden, and chronicles his time in Deadwind Pass. One entry in particular stands out:
"I hear the whispers. They call me from the wet soil of shallow graves, hearkening me to my legacy.
"But what legacy? The merchant I once was had no special bloodline...
- 7,550 XP
- Ariden yells: Turn away now, interloper! The horrors of the past will be your undoing!
- Revil Kost says: I think that means we're on the right track. See what you can find in that journal.
Interacting with the items around the camp will yield some gossip text.
- The box contains various magical looking trinkets and baubles.
- Upon close inspection, these "relics" appear to be nothing more than clever forgeries.
- The bedding in the tent has been undisturbed for quite some time.
- The compass is old and weathered with use.
- It appears to be malfunctioning - the compass arrow is erratically changing direction and never settling at true North.
- These boots are in surprisingly nice condition for their age.
- It's odd that they would still be left here after all these years.
Upon interacting with the Battered Journal:
- Ariden yells: Fool! You will suffer for your trespass!
- Acquire the chosen artifact:
- Blood ()
- Frost (Blades of the Fallen Prince: and )
- Unholy ()
- Level 102
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Added.