- "As long as one voice is left to lift in prayer, the song will never fade." —Yuna Sunridge
Divine Hymn is a channeled level 76 Holy priest multi-target healing ability that heals 100% more outside raid groups. In addition, it grants a 10% increased healing buff to those targets for 8 seconds.
Tips and tactics
- This ability can easily turn any wipe around, although its 3 minute cooldown means it may be saved as an 'emergency' heal.
- Divine Hymn will proc the Holy mastery .
- Sufficient haste will add extra ticks to the ability, increasing total healing generated by 25% at 12.5%, and a further 20% at 37.5% haste. This makes Divine Hymn excellent for use in combination with haste trinkets and effects dramatically increasing the spell's effectiveness, and the speed at which its healing is delivered.
- Priests have 100% protection from pushback while channeling Divine Hymn. This means that priests don't have to worry about damaging attacks foreshortening the spell and wasting its effect. Effects such as stuns and interrupts will of course still stop the spell.
- As with all channeled spells Divine Hymn will not begin to heal until its first tick, 2 seconds after casting. In extremely critical situations, its healing may therefore come too late to save targets.
- Divine Hymn's healing buff is usually applied immediately after the first heal, although this may be a bug. When the spell's targets are constant, Divine Hymn therefore typically heals for at least 7.5% more than the tooltip states.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Healing increased by 29%.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now heals all party or raid members instead of a variable number depending on raid size. Its healing has been adjusted to compensate.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Now targets 12 raid members (up from 5) each time it heals when used in a 25-player instance.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Now a Holy specialization ability. No longer has a cap on healed targets.
- Patch 4.3.0 (2011-11-29): Now affects 5 targets, up from 3.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Priests now innately have 100% pushback protection from damage while channeling Divine Hymn and .
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Cooldown reduced from 10 minutes down to 8 minutes.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): This spell now works correctly with the trinket .
- Patch 3.1.2 (2009-05-19): Healing and healing scaling reduced by 30%. Buff on affected players changed from 15% to 10%.
- Hotfix (2009-04-28): "The effectiveness of the Priest spell Divine Hymn has been reduced."
- Patch 3.1.0 (2009-04-14): Redesigned: You recite a Holy hymn, summoning the power of the Divine to assist you in your time of need. Heals 3 nearby lowest-health friendly party or raid targets for 4960-5208 every 2 seconds for 8 seconds, and increases healing done to them by 15% for 8 seconds. Maximum of 12 heals. The Priest must channel to maintain the spell. Cooldown increased to 6 minutes, up from 5.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Added.