Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Divine Star is a level 90 Discipline and Holy priest talent.
- The Star begins at the priest's location, and once its journey is complete, returns to the priest's location - wherever the priest may be by then. Skillful players can therefore alter the Star's path to take in more or different targets, by altering their own position.
- For Discipline and Holy priests, the Star will always heal the casting priest twice; once when it is launched, and once when it returns. In this way Divine Star is a very handy and reliable self-healing cooldown, with a high HPS, that can be cast while on the move - although it is somewhat expensive.
Tips and tactics
- Divine Star's effectiveness relies heavily on the position and orientation of the priest relative to the desired targets, with closely-knit clusters of targets yielding the largest total effect.
- Divine Star can be a fast and effective ability even in solo combat. Even against single targets, its damage will usually outstrip the priest's filler attacks.
- Divine Star can be used to pull rogues and Feral druids out of stealth, but may require careful aiming.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Divine Star cost reduced by 20%.
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): No longer available to Shadow priests. Now heals for 44% more and deals 130% more damage.
- Patch 6.1.0 (2015-02-24): Damage increased by 20%.
- Hotfix (2014-11-05): "Healing or damage (depending on Specialization) has been increased by 15%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Divine Star's Mana cost has been reduced by 67%, and now follows standard AoE capping rules.
- No longer uses the Divine or Spellshadow schools.
- Split into two separate versions:
- Discipline and Holy: Divine Star now heals for 50% less, and no longer damages enemies.
- Shadow: Divine Star no longer heals allies.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Divine Star's healing is no longer affecting by diminishing returns when used on multiple targets.
- Hotfix (2012-11-29): "Now deals 40% more damage and 133% more healing, and its radius has been reduced by 33%."
- Hotfix (2012-10-01): "Healing from the Divine Star spell no longer breaks channeling for the caster or friendly players."
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Added.