- "Curse of Doom" redirects here. For the Pet Battle ability, see .
- For the TCG character, see Doom (Icecrown).
Though a curse effect, Doom is not exclusive to and will stack with other curses cast by the warlock (such as ).
This ability was used by the Pit Lord unit in Warcraft III. It marks a target unit for the manifestation of a Demon. The afflicted unit will take damage per second until it dies. Upon its death, a great Demon will spawn from its corpse.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 9.0.1 (2020-10-13): Now a level 25 talent (was level 30). Damage increased to 175% of spellpower (was 160%), and is dealt after 20 sec (was 30 sec). No longer has a chance to summon a Doomguard.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): No longer baseline. Now a level 30 talent. Damage is dealt after 30 seconds, up from 20. Now has a 5% chance to summon a Doomguard.
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Doom damage increased by 10%."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Redesigned. Now deals damage after 20 seconds, generating a Soul Shard.
- Patch 6.2.0 (2015-06-23): Now deals 25% less damage.
- Hotfix (2014-10-17): "Doom's damage has been reduced by 20%."
- Hotfix (2013-03-12): "Doom now deals 25% less damage."
- Patch 5.1.0 (2012-11-27): Damage increased by 25%.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Renamed from . Redesigned.
- Patch 4.1.0 (2011-04-26): Ebon Imps summoned by now benefit from the warlock's stats.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Damage has been reduced by approximately 12%.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Renamed from Curse of Doom. Redesigned. Now deals damage every 15 seconds for one minute, and has a 20% chance of summoning an Ebon Imp per tick. Cooldown removed. No longer summons a Doomguard. Can now be cast on players.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Curse of Doom will only summon a Doomguard if the target yields experience or honor. The chance of summoning increased to 100%.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): Spell power benefit reduced to 200%.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Spell power benefit increased to 400%, up from 100%.
- Patch 1.10.0 (2006-03-28): Can no longer be cast on players under control of a creature.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Added.