- Not to be confused with Dr. Wrenchly von Boom.
|Wealth||3 90 0|
|Location||Camp of Boom, Netherstorm|
|Mentor(s)||Lead Sapper Blastfizzle|
Dr. Boom is the former protégé of Lead Sapper Blastfizzle at Area 52. Previously known as Sparky Uberthruster, he refused to wear his protective nether helmet and over time became irradiated. He became known as Dr. Boom. He set up his camp northeast of Area 52 with a majority of the goblins' sapping equipment and has terrorized Area 52 ever since. Blastfizzle calls on adventurers of the Alliance and the Horde to destroy Dr. Boom and end his madness.
Dr. Boom is a non-elite quest boss with 654,000 hitpoints; he does not move or use ranged attacks, making him a popular target for casters and Hunters to test their DPS output, as well as a target for leveling up ranged weapon skill. This fight is sort of a mini-game where you have to dodge his Bomblings to get close enough to throw the provided bombs at him, although it is possible to climb or fly over the rocks that surround him and kill him from behind. It is also possible to stand just beyond the range of the Bombling spawns and attack him that way, standing on the cart filled with explosives for instance.
- Throw Dynamite — Inflicts 16 Fire damage to all enemies in a selected area.
Easy ranged weapon leveling
Previously, because Dr. Boom could not move to attack when pulled, standing on the rocks behind him and shooting down at him made him the best mob in the game to grind ranged weapon skill from. This is no longer true, as firstly Dr. Boom was given a normal ranged attack and then weapon skill was removed from the game.
- Dr. Boom appears as a legendary card in the Goblins vs Gnomes expansion for Hearthstone. The card is quite infamous for having been one of the most powerful legendary cards in the game at the time of its release, causing some players to refer to him with nicknames such as "Dr. Balance". His flavor text reads: "MARVEL AT HIS MIGHT!"
- Dr. Boom returns in the The Boomsday Project as the central character of the expansion in the form of Dr. Boom, Mad Genius, a legendary hero card for the warrior class. This version of Dr. Boom has returned to the Netherstorm and constructed a laboratory to work on the namesake mysterious "Boomsday Project" with a team of nefarious elite scientists. Dr. Boom, Mad Genius' flavor text reads: "Of course I've gone mad with power. Ever try going mad without it?"
- Hearthstone: Doctor Boom is a webcomic 3 issue series dealing with escapades of Dr. Boom.
- Boom returns yet again in the Rise of Shadows expansion, this time joining forces with other past Hearthstone villains—Rafaam, Hagatha, Madame Lazul, and Togwaggle—to form the League of E.V.I.L. In this incarnation, he is a legendary warrior card known as Blastmaster Boom, whose flavor text reads: "He's gonna fly through the air with the greatest of grease."
- His name is an obvious reference to the Marvel comic book villain Doctor Doom, and his Boom Bots are also references to the Doombots used by Doctor Doom.