We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: End of Week.
- Seared to imperfection.
Dragon's Breath is a level 24 Fire mage ability. It is point-blank area of effect mage spell that deals fire direct damage and disorients all enemies for 4 seconds. The area of effect is similar to , a 90 degree arc region extending 12 yards in front of the caster.
Tips and tricks
The disorient effect makes this spell not only useful to kite an opponent, but also to interrupt spell casting. Although there is no spell lockout such as with , interrupting a spell for 4 seconds is sometimes all you need.
A notable use for Dragon's Breath is that it will interrupt most all abilities that are otherwise impossible to interrupt. While the target is immune to the actual disorient effect, their casting will be interrupted.
This spell previously shared a cooldown with : using either spell would set the cooldown of the other. Casting Dragon's Breath would set the Cone of Cold cooldown to 20 seconds, and casting Cone of Cold would set the Dragon's Breath cooldown to 10 seconds.
- Dragon's Breath is a common Mage spell in the Blackrock Mountain adventure of Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. Two copies are rewarded for completing the Mage Class Challenge unlocked after completing the Blackrock Depths wing. The flavor text reads: "Dragons breathe fire, sure, but did you know they can also breathe Cotton Candy? It's harder to give them a reason to do that, though."
Patches and hotfixes
- Hotfix (2016-08-26): "Dragon Breath (Fire) duration reduced to 3 seconds (was 4 seconds) in PvP."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Damage increased by 190%.
- Hotfix (2015-07-20): "Dragon’s Breath damage increased by 150%."
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Now replaces for Fire mages.
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): Disorientation effect duration reduced from 5 to 4 sec.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Moved to tier 5. Combustion no longer a requirement.
- Patch 3.3.0 (2009-12-08): Mana cost significantly reduced.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Dragon's Breath no longer shares a cooldown with . In addition, the Disorient effect has been increased from 3 to 4 seconds.
- Patch 2.2.0 (2007-09-25): The movement-slowing component of this spell is now properly considered a Snare. Immunity and clearing effects will now work properly with it.