Dragonkin are all creatures descended from and including dragons, from drakes to drakonid. Nearly all dragonkin belong to one of the main or lesser dragonflights. It seems that the term dragonkin can also refer to a category that includes specifically dragonspawn and drakonid.
- Reptilian and almost always have a tail.
- Scaly skin that is usually skinnable.
- Dragon scales often have magical properties and are highly valuable to craftsmen.
- Have sharp claws.
- Semi-intelligent to very intelligent.
- Some can fly and usually have bat-like wings in that case.
- Some have a breath-weapon.
- Some have special abilities or powers and can cast spells.
- Most are susceptible to the druid's ability.
- Chromatic dragonflight
- Infinite dragonflight
- Twilight dragonflight
- Netherwing dragonflight
- Plagued dragonflight
- Storm dragonflight
- Proto-dragon - Ancestors of the dragon race
- Whelp - The infant stage of the dragon race
- Drake - The adolescent stage of the dragon race
- Dragon - The adult stage of the dragon race
- Aspect - Leaders of the dragonflights empowered by the Pantheon
- Dragonspawn and Drakonid - Servants of the dragonflights
- Drakeadon and Dragonman - Dragonkin experiments of Nefarian
- ^ Some dragonspawn are known as "dragonkin" as show Elder Dragonkin and Twilight Dragonkin
- ^ refers to dragonspawn and drakonid as dragonkin
- ^ Maxnar the Ashmaw, a drakonid, is described as "one of the dragonkin, half-man, half-dragon." in
- ^ Brann speculates that the dragonkin originate from when dragons empower mortal servants, changing them into something halfway, in his notes. More specfically, they become dragonspawn and drakonid as specified by Sean Copeland.