A dragonman is a type of dragonkin, a human (possibly other humanoid races) fused with a dragonspawn. They were first introduced in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm.
It would appear the fusion process lowers the creatures' intelligence. Failed fusions appear as aberrations found in Blackwing Descent, twisted creatures most resembling plague eruptors used by the Scourge.
- At BlizzCon 2010, it was mentioned in an offhand comment something called a "dragonman" was based on unused concept art for a scrapped idea for a playable race. These are likely that "dragonman" as that is their model's name.
- The Art of World of Warcraft contains concept art for dragonmen, although they have no "horns".
- Dragonmen use the same model base as the playable alliance character, worgen, and therefore use the same animations.
This article or section includes speculation, observations or opinions possibly supported by lore or by Blizzard officials. It should not be taken as representing official lore.
- It's unknown if the fusion requires a dead or alive dragonspawn, however the corpse of one was used to create Maloriak.
- It appears that the fusion process was a failed experiment by Nefarian to create loyal minions with their original intellect.
- The subclass of Dragonman, Aberration, in the game files is known as Dragonman Hulk.