|This article's name is unofficial.|
Blackwing Descent (presumed)
A dragonman is a type of dragonkin. Maloriak was a human kidnapped by Nefarian and fused with the corpse of a dragonspawn. The result was a bumbling minion who possessed only a dull of his former intelligence. Failed fusions are called aberrations and can be found in the Fleshrender's Workshop.
- The name dragonman comes from their model file names.
- At BlizzCon 2010, it was mentioned in an offhand comment that something called a "dragonman" was based on unused concept art for a scrapped idea for a playable race. It may have been these dragonmen.
- The Art of World of Warcraft contains concept art for creatures called dragonmen, without horns. They may have inspired the Cataclysm dragonmen.
- Dragonmen use the playable worgen skeleton.
- The dragonmen aberrations use the plague eruptor skeleton. They are known as dragonman hulk in the game files.
It appears that the fusion process was a failed experiment by Nefarian to create loyal minions with their original intellect.