|This article or section needs to be cleaned up to a higher standard of quality.|
- "Tonight, I'll drink to your health—may it long be mine."
Drain Life is a channeled level 13 warlock spell that damages the targeted enemy's health while restoring their own.
Tips and tactics
- The amount healed is reduced when the warlock is affected by healing reduction effects such as .
Warlocks could leech life energy and power their own magical abilities. The warlocks' death/mortal coil spell is a variation of the Drain Life spell and is one of the necromantic abilities warlocks share with necromancers.
- Drain Life is a basic Warlock spell in Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. The flavor text reads: ""I've just sucked one year of your life away.""
- Drain Life is one of 's Basic Abilities in Heroes of the Storm.
- A drain life skill rune exists in Diablo.
A satyr draining the life force of a night elf.
Patches and hotfixes
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25):
- Damage increased by 5%.
- Now learned at level 13 (was 1).
- Hotfix (2016-09-23): "Drain Life damage increased by 10% for Affliction."
- Hotfix (2016-08-26): "Drain Life now does damage of 35% of Spell Power per tick (was 30%)."
- Hotfix (2016-07-22): "Drain Life and Drain Soul now consider Mechanicals to be valid targets."
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Once again a baseline ability. Healing significantly increased.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): No longer available to Destruction warlocks. No longer gains a benefit from . Now heals for 30% less than before.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23):
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Visual spell effect changed. Undocumented.
- Patch 2.0.1 (2006-12-05): Range has been increased.
- Patch 0.8 (2004-07-07): Life Drain renamed to Drain Life.
- ^ TCG Heroes of Azeroth, 134
- ^ http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutral/darkranger.shtml
- ^ Tides of War pg. 362 - "Ambush! Attack!" cried Malkorok. He suited action to word, charging at a huge brown bear with painted markings ripping into an undead warlock who was frantically trying to drain the druid's life to power his own magical abilties.
- ^ The Schools of Arcane Magic - Necromancy
- ^ Justin Parker on Twitter (2014-08-07)
- ^ Thrall: Twilight of the Aspects - He spoke an incantation, and a strand of white arcane energy shot out from the artifact. It wrapped itself around the whelp, a rope of magic, and began to pull golden life energy from the small dragon. It squeaked in pain. "No!" screamed Kirygosa, lunging forward. The man jerked on the chain, hard. Kirygosa dropped to her knees, hissing in agony. The whelp grew. It opened its mouth and let out a small, squeaking cry as its body spasmed. Thrall could almost hear bones creaking and skin stretching as the mage drained its life energy, aging it quickly.
- ^ The Last Guardian - "Nature magic?" asked Medivh. "Ripening, culling, harvesting? Can you take a seed and pull the youth from it until it becomes a flower?"
- ^ Rise of the Horde