The Dranosh'ar Blockade is a massive system of fortifications outside the Gates of Orgrimmar, stretching east-west in front of the northern mountains of Durotar. It reaches from Skull Rock to the east to Rocktusk Farm to the west. It was built after the end of the war against the Lich King. It is presumably named in honor of Dranosh Saurfang, who fell at the Battle of Angrathar the Wrathgate during the war in Northrend.
At the front of it, several siege weapons stand ready for defense. Behind these, archers of the Horde train for battle, while laborers build machinery and transport goods. The blockade has built around Jaggedswine Farm and uses the hut there for storage. The hut just to the west of the front gate contains Gor the Enforcer and Shin Stonepillar, who have differing views on the leadership of the Horde.
During the Darkspear Rebellion, the area was filled with Garrosh Hellscream's Kor'kron loyalists and soldiers. The area was invaded by both, the Horde and Alliance revolutionaries, with the southern area becoming a staging camp for Vol'jin's forces. Since the fall of Garrosh's reign the site is filled with Dranosh'ar Laborers once again.
The Dranosh'ar Blockade was the launching point for the Horde forces sent to attack the Broken Shore. Accepting puts the player into a phased version of the blockade, where the weather is rather rainy and gloomy. Ships, soldiers and siege weapons are being prepared by all the races of the Horde. Several things can be seen there:
- Horde Recruits engaging in a variety of things, like discussing, training or enjoying a last meal before the assault on the Shore. Holgar Stormaxe was handling their arrival.
- Orgrimmar Wind Riders preparing their mounts for war. More of them are already flying toward the Shore alongside Darkspear Bat Riders.
- Liu-So and Ju-Shan preparing a banquet of dumplings, baked fish, fried rice, ribs, baked fowl and grilled fish for the recruits.
- Orgek Ironhand and Kinja preparing high-quality armor polish for the troops.
- Darkspear Headhunters training for battle.
- Ja'kala, Sulaka, Rakkaha and Mojo'kai working on preparing mojo for the front on the Broken Shore.
- The humongous Megaton being cared for by Underpaid Engineers and Bilgewater Blastmasters. Cannons-In-Boxes were also being prepared by them.
- Merhean Sunfall, Seleria Dawncaller and Lan'veros Furybrand bringing Light-infused Sun Spheres from Silvermoon City, which were used to enhance the weapons of those going to fight the demons.
- A contingent of Deathguard Elites awaiting battle. Ralston Farnsley was also there, accepting donations of cloth for Undercity.
- Many followers from Frostwall dueling at the sparring ring. Sergeant Grimjaw was also there, watching over the followers.
- A trio of Doomsayers threatening recruits about a "six-eyed master" and the coming end.
- A squad of Dark Rangers awaiting battle.
- Some vendors have come down from the city to sell to the troops. Garyl is selling her tabards, and Horthus reagents. Ravika is also selling items from the Darkspear Rebellion and Fo'rum the Postmaker is present as well.
After the battle for the Broken Shore, the rumors about Vol'jin's demise had already spread, and the area was filled with concerned citizens of Orgrimmar, Undercity denizens, Kezan citizens, Sen'jin villagers, Thunder Bluff natives, and Silvermoon citizens discussing and crying together.
Battle for Azeroth
The area was once again populated by soldiers participating in the War of the Thorns.
After the Alliance allied with Varok Saurfang and his Horde loyalists, they marched to assault Orgrimmar and face Sylvanas Windrunner. Arriving at the Blockade, Varok challenged the Banshee Queen to mak'gora in front of the gate to Orgrimmar. The two dueled, but Sylvanas used her dark magic and killed Varok, falling on the ground bearing his son's name.
Please add any available information to this section.
- Kor'kron Grunt
- Kor'kron Spotter
- Battle Worg
- Kor'kron Motivator
- Riderless Battle Worg
- Kor'kron Overseer (Durotar)
- Blacktotem Corrupter
- Warlord Zaela
- Dragonmaw Proto-Drake
- Darkspear Captive
Battle for Azeroth
- Forsaken Marksman
- Darkspear Shaman
- Orgrimmar Grunt
- Tauren Earthshaker
- Darkspear Headhunter
- Orgrimmar Wind Rider
- Wind Rider
- Dark Ranger
- Horde Warbringer
- Even though the place was fortified and later attacked it hasn't been updated to reflect the war state, but it looks like exactly as before the Siege of Orgrimmar.
- During Brewfest Wild Wolpertingers can be found throughout the eastern section of the area to players that are drunk or wearing , which is a result of them gathering at the original Brewfest location.
A fortified burrow at the Dranosh'ar Blockade.
A blade thrower under construction.
The entrance to Orgrimmar.
The blockade before the assault on the Broken Shore.
Battle for Azeroth
Headhunters practice their aim at targets
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Updated with new NPCs.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14): Mists of Pandaria changes reverted.
- Patch 5.4.0 (2013-09-10): Updated with new NPCs.
- Patch 5.3.0 (2013-05-21): Updated with new NPCs.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Subzone added to existing area. Area updated.