- "The subjugation of a Xorothian Dreadsteed is a true measure of power."
The dreadsteed of Xoroth is the level 40 epic warlock ground mount. The Dreadsteed ability is available to learn at level 40 and requires both Journeyman riding skill (from the riding trainer) and the ability to learn.
Earning the dreadsteedThe subject of this section has been removed from World of Warcraft in patch 4.0.1.
- Main article: Dreadsteed questline
Originally, the dreasteed mount required the completion of an epic quest chain. In patch 2.4.0 the mount was added to class trainers; the quest chain remained available for those who still wanted to complete it until patch 4.0.1, when it was removed entirely.
- The Dreadsteed appears as an epic card for the Warlock class in the Grand Tournament expansion of Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Crescendo himself summoned this steed, riding it to victory in the Grand Tournament. Wherever he rides, an army of riders ride behind him, supporting the legendary champion."
- The flavor text references Reddit user Crescendo1909, a Hearthstone fan who had been fighting cancer for half a year prior to the release of the Grand Tournament.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Questline removed; is now automatically learned at level 40.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Can now be learned at level 40.
- Patch 3.0.3 (2008-11-04): Is now available on the trainer at level 61, requiring 150 riding skill, and the non-epic mount learned.
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Mana cost removed, global cooldown removed.
- Patch 1.12.1 (2006-09-26): The mount system was re-vamped and the Dreadsteed quest chain changed to also give Journeyman riding skill.
- Patch 1.6.0 (2005-07-12): New icon.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-05-05): Added.