Arzeth the Merciless (slaver)
|Other major settlements|
|Theater of operations|
Enslaved by Illidan
The Dreghood tribe is a tribe of Broken draenei who can be found in Hellfire Peninsula and Zangarmarsh, most of the tribe has been forced into slavery by Illidan's forces. Their capital was Sha'naar in the western part of the Hellfire Peninsula, which now lies in ruins.
They were led by four elders (Naladu the Keeper of Earth, Akoru the Firecaller, Morod the Windstirrer, Aylaan the Waterwaker) until Naladu betrayed the tribe for promises of power, and helped the Illidari to enslave his brothers. The other three elders were chained down without the knowledge that Naladu was the one who betrayed them, then Naladu went to a hut upstairs in the southern part of Sha'naar. Akoru, Morod and Aylaan slowly realized that the three of them were alive but weren't able to find Naladu's whereabouts.
The part of the tribe in the Ruins of Sha'naar are used as labor force to look for an Ata'mal crystal, but with the elders imprisoned the entire tribe is unable to use the elemental spirits. Thus they are unable to rebel against their masters. They are enslaved by Arzeth the Merciless, a fiend empowered by Illidan Stormrage, and his Illidari Taskmasters; Arzeth wanders nearby the , which is the key to release the elders.
Some of the Dreghoods were sent to Zangarmarsh to do manual labor for Illidan's Naga. Some of them were sent to Darkcrest Shore and Darkcrest Enclave while others deep down in Coilfang Reservoir. The Umbrafen tribe, allied with the naga, is especially cruel to escaped slaves.
A few have managed to escape to the Temple of Telhamat and at least one has managed to escape to Cenarion Post. The Dreghoods in the Temple of Telhamat are now led by the Omenai, they are sending heroes against the Illidari Taskmasters. Some of the free Dreghood are trying to relearn the old ways of the Light from the uncorrupted draenei.
Should the elders be released and Arzeth the Merciless defeated the tribe would be free, however, there aren't many that care about the fate of the broken in Outland, and even some think of them as evil.
They used to follow the path of shamanism (they could manipulate the elemental spirits of fire, water, wind, and earth). Also they were known as good leatherworkers, as leather clothes bearing their tribe's name can be found throughout the area.
- Ikan asks the adventurers to free his people from the demons. It's unknown whether he refers to the broken race or specifically to the Dreghood tribe.
- ^ a b c d e f Naladu
- ^ Dreghood Drudge
- ^ a b Dreghood Slave
- ^ a b c d e
- ^ a b
- ^ a b c Akoru the Firecaller: "These chains that bind me prevent me from bringing the spirit of fire to my people, <name>. Souls without fire are souls that cannot rebel against their masters."
- ^ Arzeth the Merciless#Quotes
- ^ a b
- ^ Escaped Dreghood
- ^ a b c
- ^ Aylaan the Waterwaker: "The spirit of water has left us. Our tribe is doomed."
- ^ Morod the Windstirrer: "The winds do not speak to our tribe anymore, <name>. My people are lost without elders to bring the spirits to them."
- ^ http://www.wowhead.com/?search=dreghood#items