Dropping the Hammer
84 (Requires 84)
+250 Wildhammer Clan
Kill 12 Twilight Stormbenders and Servias Windterror using one of the gryphons at Firebeard's Patrol.
We're trained to fight while ridin', but a second rider to handle the Stormhammer tends to be more efficient. I thought you might enjoy the honor.
Pick your gryphon and join the fight. Best be quick about it though - we're aimin' to clear every last one of those Twilight off of those floatin' rocks before the hour's out.
Today is the day that the tables turn.
Now that's how it's done, <lad/lass>!
With a real gryphon wing back together, we can take the fight to the rest of the Twilight. You're welcome to fly with us anytime.
The Mullans, Moores and Firebeards are all nearby. Pick a gryphon and hop on. Players have access to two abilities:
- Storm Hammer 55 yd range — Hurls a Storm Hammer at cultists, dealing massive lightning damage and stunning the target for 4 sec. Instant. Hits for around 32200 Nature. (1.5 sec cooldown)
- There are reports in the Wowhead entry for this quest of a bug that causes the red and blue gryphons to land prematurely but not on the ascendant's rock and leave the player stuck in combat. The gold gryphons don't appear to suffer the problem.
- Storm Shield — Use your Storm Hammer to absorb incoming Twilight's Hammer lightning attacks. Doing this 3 times will empower your Storm Hammer for a strong attack Channeled. 4 sec duration. If it absorbs a static charge, the gryphon gains a stack of... (4 sec cooldown)
- Static Absorbtion — You've absorbed energy from the Twilight's Hammer lightning attacks, empowering your stormhammer. After doing this 3 times, your next Storm Hammer throw will do massive area damage.
The gryphon will circle the lower rocks until players have killed 12. The stormbenders have 50,000 health, so two hits of the Stormhammer is required to take them out. They also have the following ability:
- Static Charge 80 yd range — Inflicts heavy nature damage after 3 sec. Channeled. If not shielded, triggers...
- Static Detonation 100 yd range — Inflicts heavy Nature damage after until cancelled. Instant. Hits for around 10,000 Nature.
Whenever a cultist is channeling on the gryphon, pop the shield. The empowered Storm Hammer attack is big enough to take out an entire rock full of cultists.
After killing 12, the rider will head up to the top rock. Servias Winderror is a level 85 elite ascendant with 774,000 health and the following abilities:
- Twilight Lightning Bolt 30 yd range — Hurls a ball of Twilight lightning at the target, inflicting Nature damage. 1.5 sec cast. Hits for 5200-6000 Shadow
- Static Flux 80 yd range — Inflicts heavy Nature damage after 3 sec. 1.25 sec cast. If unshielded, triggers...
- Static Flux Detonation — Inflicts heavy Nature damage after until cancelled. Instant. Hits for 23000-27000 Nature
- Coming of the Windterror — Do not let this spell complete Channeled. Cast with about 100,000 health remaining. Kills the gryphon rider and knocks the player off of the gryphon.
This fight works much like the underlings did. However, once the player gets knocked off of the gryphon, it becomes a regular fight. The Static Flux targets a location on the ground, not the player, so move before it explodes. The abilities hit for roughly half as hard as they did against the gryphon.
- Your screams will carry far on the winds....
- Whispers... whispers in the wind... yes, master...
- Storms of the sky, obey the call of the Twilight's Hammer!
- Give in.
- Your life is meaningless.
Boss emote hints:
- Use your Storm Shield before the Static Charge finishes!
- You've absorbed 3 Static Charges. Your next Storm Hammer will deal massive AoE damage!
- Move away before the Static Flux explodes! (cast in the ground phase)
The rider also has a few lines:
- Good work, <lad/lass>! Now to attack their leader! (after killing 12)
- He's castin' something big! Stop'm! (during the Coming of the Windterror channel)
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.