|Title||<The Sea Reaver>|
According to the quest, "Drottinn" is Hrothgar's title, not part of his name.
- You dare to challenge Drottin Hrothgar, king of the seas?
- Drottinn Hrothgar is most likely named after the character in Beowulf, Hrothgar, who is king of the Danes. This is further supported by the fact that the vrykul have a strong viking theme to them and Beowulf is one of the only and most popular pieces of viking literature (Old English) to have survived to the present day.
- Dróttinn is the Old Norse word for "Lord", of which Drottinn is the modern Icelandic word.
- In the The Grand Tournament expansion for Hearthstone, there is an epic warrior card called "Sea Reaver". The artwork for this card is labeled on the artist's DeviantArt site as "Hrothgar-The Sea Reaver", but the name "Hrothgar" is never actually used in-game.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Added.
- ^ Hrothgar-The Sea Reaver by namesjames on DeviantArt. Retrieved on 2018-02-14.