Druids of the Talon
- For the NPCs, see Druid of the Talon. For the Warcraft III unit, see Druid of the Talon (Warcraft III).
|Base of operations|
|Theater of operations|
Druids of the Talon is a druidic organization affiliated with the Guardians of Hyjal. They used to make their base at the Shrine of Aviana in Mount Hyjal, but after it was destroyed by the Burning Legion they moved to a new shrine at the northern edge of the Dreamgrove.
Before all of the druidic orders coalesced into the Cenarion Circle, the Druids of the Talon were responsible for teaching promising young druids the mysteries of flight. With the dissolution of the order, former members teach the skill sparingly. When hibernating in the Emerald Dream, they are referred to as the Sleeping.
- These secretive druids have adopted the totem of the crow. Their primary role in society is information gathering and intelligence. They have the ability to transform into storm crows and fly over the field of battle to scout and deliver orders to distant troops. Their magical spell-like abilities are capable of channeling even the winds to fight against the enemies of Kalimdor. They may create ferocious cyclones to sow chaos into enemy lines.
World of Warcraft
- Notable members
- Skylord Omnuron
- Morthis Whisperwing
- Borun Thundersky
- Corvine Moonrise
- Thisalee Crow
- Arthorn Windsong
- Farden Talonshrike
- Numa Skyclaw
- Windcaller Voramus
- Windcaller Nordrala
- — unlocks a daily quest chain:
- 1 -or- 1 (unlocked by )
- Fireplume Peak dailies: Two of:
- (unlocked by )
Warlords of Draenor
This section concerns content related to Warlords of Draenor.
Skylord Omnuron, Thisalee Crow, Choluna and some other members traveled to alternate Draenor with the Alliance and Horde. They set up camp in Skysea Ridge in Gorgrond. They have been discovering hundreds of new species. Another group is found in Lunarfall.
This section concerns content related to Legion.
Skylord Omnuron manages the forces of the Dreamgrove.
The Druids of the Talon and Shrine of Aviana come under attack from the Burning Legion, but this was only a distraction while the Legion attempts to corrupt Goldrinn at the Stormrage Barrow Dens in Moonglade. Thisalee Crow and the Archdruid of the Dreamgrove repel the attack and then go to save Goldrinn at Aviana's command.
The Legion attacks the shrine a second time to steal the Idol of Aviana, during which it is revealed that Skylord Shadegrove is actually a dreadlord named Infazaar the Shade. With the fall of the shrine, the Druids of the Talon regroup to the Dreamgrove and build a new shrine on its northern border.
In the RPG
Druids of the talon rare a class of druid. While they did not have as big an impact on the Third War as the druids of the claw, the druids of the talon were a valuable addition to the forces of the night elves and, later, the Alliance. They take as their totem the storm crow, and by extension, ravens, hawks, and other birds of prey. They are not frontline soldiers, as the druids of the claw are; their roles are in a support capacity. Their shapechanging abilities allow them to perform valuable espionage, and their abilities impose a variety of disadvantages on their enemies.
- Most of the druids in this group are friendly to Alliance and Horde members, however, those in Feralas are hostile to the Horde, even though they have allowed tauren to join their ranks.
- Many Druids of the Talon seen in Mount Hyjal and Lunarfall can be seen wielding Archon Glaives.
A Druid of the Talon in the TCG.