He later shows up in the Azurelode Mine where he's fallen victim to the spiders there. After being rescued, asks the rescuer if he/she has heard of "survival of the fittest". Keyton then orders Dumass to travel to Tarren Mill, though Dumass seems to believe it is found somewhere in the Barrens. His whereabouts after this is unknown.
His dialogue indicates that Dumass suffered the most extreme side effect (being stripped of any and all rational thought) that can happen from being resurrected by the Val'kyr.
- Objective of
- Dumass says: HI! HI! HELP!
- Dumass says: WERE YOU IN SILVERPINE WHEN THE BANSHEE QUEEN KILLED ALL OF THE WORGEN!?
- Dumass says: WHEN I WOKE UP I SAW THE BANSHEE QUEEN TALKING TO A BIG BROWN ORC!
- Dumass says: TARREN MILL! OKAY! IS THAT IN THE BARRENS! I'M ON MY WAY! THANKS!
- BEAT THEM DOWN THEN KILL! THEN SHACKLE!
- HERE'S ONE!
- HOW DID ALL THESE PEOPLE GET IN HERE?!?
- I USED TO BE A FARMER!
- THANKS FOR RESCUING ME!
- THANKS! HI! LET'S ROUND UP SOME HUMANS FOR THE CAPTAIN!
- THERE'S ONE OVER THERE!
- THESE HUMANS LOOK DANGEROUS!
- THIS IS EASY! YES!
- THIS ONE IS ANGRY!
- WHO ARE OUR FRIENDS?
- YAY! CAPTAIN I AM BACK! HOORAY!
- Dumass' name is an overly obvious play on the phrase "dumbass", likely a reference to his highly unpredictable, inept and often plebeian behavior.
- Dumass makes reference to Sylvanas' slaying of the worgen during the events of Silverpine to the player, who was present during that event.
- Dumass may be Blizzard's mocking representation of players who are new to the game and are largely unfamiliar with how it works, its geography, and its lore (in other words, a "noob").
- Although highly unlikely, the spelling of his name is very similar to a surname of two Alliance mages, and , which might mean that they were related. He may actually be, Elissa's cousin, Torgal, who was killed in the Icecrown.
- Dumass was resurrected during the demonstration of the val'kyr to the Warchief .
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.