Duncan Jones is an English film director, producer and screenwriter. He co-wrote and directed the 2016 film Warcraft. His other projects include Moon (2009) and Source Code (2011).
- Jones is a player of World of Warcraft. He has played every game in the Warcraft series, including the original Warcraft: Orcs & Humans when it was first released.
- His first WoW character was a human warrior.
- One of his favorite areas in the game is the Lion's Pride Inn, which also appears in the Warcraft movie. Jones described the feeling of walking into a live-action set of a location one had previously only seen in the game as being a "pretty amazing experience".
- Jones used to run a guild in a different game, and when the guild's members moved over to playing World of Warcraft they couldn't decide whether to play as Horde or Alliance, meaning Jones had to make the decision for them.
- Jones describes Ultima III as his "gateway drug into gaming", and has played Blizzard games since The Lost Vikings on the Amiga. He has also played some StarCraft II, and describes X-COM as one of his favorite game series. As of 2016 Jones still finds time to play games, and says he expects to continue playing games well into his old age. While he doesn't have the time to play World of Warcraft anymore, he does play Hearthstone.
- Jones spent three and a half years working on Warcraft, much longer than his previous two films, with nearly two years spent in post-production.
- Jones is the son of the late David Bowie, who died a few months before the release of Warcraft.