Eadric the Pure (tactics)
|Title||<Grand Champion of the Argent Crusade>|
|Location||Crusaders' Coliseum, Icecrown|
Either he or Argent Confessor Paletress will be encountered after defeating the three grand champions of the opposite faction.
Before heroes can challenge the forces of darkness, they must defeat agents of the Light. Highlord Tirion Fordring has selected a formidable paladin from the Argent Crusade to test combatants' mettle. Eadric will go to great lengths to cull those without the moral conviction to enter Icecrown Citadel.
- Vengeance — Eadric the Pure's melee attacks have a chance to cause his next melee swing to be a critical strike.
- Radiance — Eadric the Pure becomes suffused with light, causing all players who look upon him to suffer Holy damage and wander blindly for 2 sec. If the player is not facing Eadric, the radiance has no effect.
- Hammer of Justice — Eadric the Pure stuns a player, rendering them vulnerable to Hammer of the Righteous and unable to move or attack for 6 sec.
- Hammer of the Righteous — Eadric the Pure hurls a hammer at a player, inflicting Holy damage. If the target is not affected by Hammer of Justice, this Hammer may be caught and thrown back at Eadric.
Before facing Eadric himself, players will have to deal with three groups of three mobs consisting of an Argent Lightwielder, an Argent Monk and an Argent Priestess:
The priestess drops lightwells, casts Holy Smite and Shadow Word: Pain. On heroic, she will also try to Mind Contol someone unless interrupted. The lightwielder melees and casts cleave. The monk has Final Meditation (on heroic only) which encases him in bubble at 1 hp and slows attack and move speed or nearby players, therefore, the monks should be killed last to avoid the other trash mobs from creating dangerous situations.
Eadric himself is mostly a tank-and-spank.
Healers should expect heavy damage when he casts Hammer Of The Righteous. Dispelling Hammer of Justice promptly will prevent this damage and permit the subject of Hammer of the Righteous to catch the hammer he throws and throw it back for massive damage on Eadric.
When he begins to cast Radiance, if all party members turn their back to him, they can avoid the holy damage. Melee can step forward until it goes off, then step back, or turn in place, as best suits their method of play. Because healers do not need to be facing their healing targets, healers can play with their backs turned to Eadric for the entire fight.
- Main article: Eadric's Cache
That was an impressive display. But are your ready for your next challenge?
I am ready for the next challenge.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: Well fought! Your next challenge comes from the Crusade's own ranks. You will be tested against their considerable prowess.
- Arelas Brightstar/Jaeren Sunsworn yells: Entering the arena, a paladin who is no stranger to the battlefield or tournament ground, the Grand Champion of the Argent Crusade, Eadric the Pure!
- The Alliance spectators cheer for Eadric the Pure.
- The Horde spectators cheer for Eadric the Pure.
- Eadric the Pure says: Are you up to the challenge? I will not hold back.
- Highlord Tirion Fordring yells: You may begin!
- Mobs cleared
- The <Alliance/Horde> spectators cheer for <name>.
- The <player's race>s of <city> cheer for <name>.
- Prepare yourselves!
- Casting Hammer of the Righteous
- Hammer of the Righteous!
- Killing a player
- You... You need more practice.
- Nay! Nay! And I say yet again nay! Not good enough!
- I yield! I submit. Excellent work. May I run away now?
- Eadric is voiced by David Lodge.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Added.