Eagles are Birds of Prey, found mainly in mountainous areas throughout Azeroth. The eagle is a national emblem for both the human nations of Alterac (a single-headed version) and Lordaeron (both a single and a mythical twin-headed version). The Amani tribe of Forest Trolls also worships an eagle loa named .
- , native to Zul'aman.
- Dawnfeather Flyers are found perched around Dawn's Blossom in the Jade Forest.
- , native to Howling Fjord.
- , native to Loch Modan.
- Great Eagles of Highmountain, in the Broken Isles.
- Hyjal Eagles and Hyjal Huntresses are found in Mount Hyjal.
- Hungry Bloodtalons are found near Grookin Hill in the Jade Forest.
- , native to Grizzly Hills, also appearing as chicks.
- Kalimdor Eagles are found in Stonetalon Mountains.
- Sharptalon Eagles are found in the Lost City of the Tol'vir
- Stabled Westguard Eagles are found into Westguard Keep in Howling Fjord
- Stormcrest Eagles are native to Storm Peaks, also appearing as hatchlings.
- Upland Eagles are found around Mount Neverest in Kun-Lai Summit.
In addition, there are also undead eagles, usually serving the scourge:
- Blighthawks are critters flying above Andorhal in the Western Plaguelands.
- Carrion Hunters can be found flying around Ymirheim in Icecrown.
- Scourgebeak Fleshrippers can be found flying around the Fleshwerks in Icecrown.
- Time-Twisted Shadowtalons appear at the Ruby Dragonshrine in End Time.
- Vargul Plaguetalons can be found flying around Thrym's End in Zul'Drak.
- turned to stone is found with in Sethekk Halls. An
Extinct or Removed
- Amani Eagle Spirits were encountered during the fight with .
- is an Amani loa that takes the form of an eagle.
- is a rare mob flying above the Ruins of Southshore.
- is featured in the Darkmoon Faire zoo on Darkmoon Island.
- is a rare mob living in Dustwallow Marsh.
- Issliruk is the Tuskarr spirit of war, often depicted as a silver eagle. He appears in-game as .
- can be found in Howling Fjord. His eyes are said to be capable of finding anything.
RPGThis section contains information from the Warcraft RPG which is considered non-canon.
These birds of prey inhabit nearly every terrain and climate, though they all prefer high, secluded nesting spots. A typical eagle is about 3 feet long and has a wingspan of about 7 feet. They are diurnal birds of prey. Eagles dive at prey, raking with their powerful talons.
- Giant Eagles are described in appendix three of the monster manual, where the humans use them as mounts.
As a companion
- Tickbird Hatchlings and White Tickbird Hatchlings are random drops from the Mysterious Egg, which can be obtained after reaching Revered reputation with The Oracles.
- Fledgling Kingfeathers and Fledgling Olivebacks can be caught in Azsuna.
- Golden Eaglets can be caught in Stormheim.
- is a reward from .
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Birds of prey
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Eagles are now tamable.
The near is the only known eagle to be present in Outland, but his presence does suggest that there are (or used to be) other eagles.