Eagles are Birds of Prey, found mainly in mountainous areas throughout Azeroth. The eagle is a national emblem for both the human nations of Alterac (a single-headed version) and Lordaeron (both a single and a mythical twin-headed version). The Amani tribe of Forest Trolls also worships an eagle loa named .
- , native to Zul'aman.
- Dawnfeather Flyers are found perched around Dawn's Blossom in the Jade Forest.
- , native to Howling Fjord.
- , native to Loch Modan.
- Great Eagles of Highmountain, in the Broken Isles.
- Hyjal Eagles and Hyjal Huntresses are found in Mount Hyjal.
- Hungry Bloodtalons are found near Grookin Hill in the Jade Forest.
- , native to Grizzly Hills, also appearing as chicks.
- Kalimdor Eagles are found in Stonetalon Mountains.
- Sharptalon Eagles are found in the Lost City of the Tol'vir
- Stabled Westguard Eagles are found into Westguard Keep in Howling Fjord
- Stormcrest Eagles are native to Storm Peaks, also appearing as hatchlings.
- Upland Eagles are found around Mount Neverest in Kun-Lai Summit.
In addition, there are also undead eagles, usually serving the scourge:
- Blighthawks are critters flying above Andorhal in the Western Plaguelands.
- Carrion Hunters can be found flying around Ymirheim in Icecrown.
- Scourgebeak Fleshrippers can be found flying around the Fleshwerks in Icecrown.
- Time-Twisted Shadowtalons appear at the Ruby Dragonshrine in End Time.
- Vargul Plaguetalons can be found flying around Thrym's End in Zul'Drak.
Extinct or Removed
- Amani Eagle Spirits were encountered during the fight with .
- is an Amani loa that takes the form of an eagle.
- is a rare mob flying above the Ruins of Southshore.
- is featured in the Darkmoon Faire zoo on Darkmoon Island.
- is a rare mob living in Dustwallow Marsh.
- Issliruk is the Tuskarr spirit of war, often depicted as a silver eagle. He appears in-game as .
- can be found in Howling Fjord. His eyes are said to be capable of finding anything.
These birds of prey inhabit nearly every terrain and climate, though they all prefer high, secluded nesting spots. A typical eagle is about 3 feet long and has a wingspan of about 7 feet. They are diurnal birds of prey. Eagles dive at prey, raking with their powerful talons.
- Giant Eagles are described in appendix three of the monster manual, where the humans use them as mounts.
As a companion
- Tickbird Hatchlings and White Tickbird Hatchlings are random drops from the Mysterious Egg, which can be obtained after reaching Revered reputation with The Oracles.
- Fledgling Kingfeathers and Fledgling Olivebacks can be caught in Azsuna.
- Golden Eaglets can be caught in Stormheim.
- is a reward from .
As a hunter pet
- Main article: Birds of prey
- Patch 3.0.2 (2008-10-14): Eagles are now tamable.