Eagle Eye is a level 18 hunter ability that allows the hunter to zoom in on things at great distances. It is good useful for surveying long distances away.
Tips and tactics
- When searching for enemies or resources of a particular type, this ability lets you search a wide area without risk.
- Use on a discretionary basis to zoom in eyesight on targets.
- Making a macro that says "/cast !Eagle Eye" (note the "!") will allow this spell to function like a Shaman's , allowing you to recast it multiple times and "jump" from target to target.
- The target area will have golden shimmers while you look around, so it is easily detectable in PvP unless you put it high in a tree or somewhere that won't be looked at.
- Outside of combat there are no limits to the use of Eagle Eye other than that you must use it on visible land (less effective for those with low video settings).
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25): Now learned at level 18 (was 16).
- Patch 0.10 (2004-09-18): Can only be used outdoors.