, Call the Thunder, ,
- Concussion beats concentration.
Notes and trivia
- Prior to patch 2.0.1, Earth Shock generated threat equal to twice its damage. The bonus threat was moved to .
- Earth Shock is a common Shaman spell in Hearthstone. The flavor text reads: "Earth Shock? Shouldn't it be "Azeroth Shock"?"
- Patch 8.1.0 (2018-12-11): Earth Shock's damage has been reduced by 16%.
- Patch 8.0.1 (2018-07-17): Now consumes a fixed amount of maelstrom and deals a fixed amount of damage.
- Patch 7.3.0 (2017-08-29): Earth Shock damage increased by 7%.
- Patch 7.2.5 (2017-06-13): Earth Shock damage increased by 20% in non-PvP situations.
- Patch 7.1.0 (2016-10-25):
- Damage increased by 15%.
- Now learned at level 10 (was 3).
- Patch 7.0.3 (2016-07-19): Mana cost and cooldown removed, now deals damage based on Maelstrom spent. Range increased to 40 yards, up from 25. Now available at level 3 (was level 6).
- Patch 6.2.3 (2015-11-17): Damage has been increased by 4%.
- Patch 6.0.3 (2014-10-28): Now costs 50% less mana.
- Patch 6.0.2 (2014-10-14):
- Patch 5.0.4 (2012-08-28): No longer reduces melee and ranged attack speed of the target, now applies the effect.
- Patch 4.0.1 (2010-10-12): Attack speed reduction of the target increased to 20 %.
- Patch 3.2.0 (2009-08-04): Redesigned. This spell no longer interrupts spell casting, but rather reduces melee attack speed by 10% for 8 seconds (exclusive with similar effects such as ).
- Patch 2.1.0 (2007-05-22): Rank 8 is now properly considered an Interrupt effect for talents and abilities that affect interrupts.
- Patch 2.0.3 (2007-01-09): No longer generates extra threat.
- Patch 1.4.0 (2005-04-19): The visual for ranks two through seven has been changed to be consistent with rank one.
- Patch 1.1.0 (2004-11-07): Now causes additional threat.
- Patch 0.7 (2004-06-15): Interrupt duration decreased.