Earthrager Ptah is a boss of the Halls of Origination.
It reappears in a vision as Ptah the Corrupted, being surrounded by Devoted Disciples in the Tomb of the Earthrager.
Outside Earthrager Ptah's tomb, the sand is littered with the bones of the creatures purified by Anhuur. It is said that Ptah can bend these remains to his will and send them against beings who manage to elude the facility's first line of defense.
- Flame Bolt — Earthrager Ptah begins to channel and launch flame bolts into the air for 5 sec., inflicting 10500 to 13500 Fire damage every second to two random players. Flame Bolt inflicts damage every second to three random players.
- Earth Spike — Earthrager Ptah causes the ground under a random player's location to rumble, and 4 seconds later an Earth Spike erupts from the rumbling ground. The spike inflicts 14295 to 15705 Nature damage and knocks up every player within 4 yards.
- Raging Smash — Earthrager Ptah inflicts 150% of normal melee damage to his current target and two additional enemies in Ptah's melee range.
- Tumultuous Earthstorm — When Earthrager Ptah's remaining health reaches 50%, he generates a massive earthquake and disperses. Dustbone Horrors and Jeweled Scarabs rise from the sands, and pools of quicksand form. The Earthstorm will end when all the Dustbone Horrors and Jeweled Scarabs die. Ptah will then erupt from the sand once again to continue fighting the players. In Heroic Difficulty a sand vortex forms and moves across the desert sand.
- Dustbone Horror — Two Dustbone Horrors rise from the sand and attack the players.
- Smash — The Dustbone Horror strikes its current target for 125% of normal melee damage.
- Jeweled Scarab — Eight Jeweled Scarbs rise from the sand and attack the players. The scarabs have low health.
- Quicksand — During the Tumultuous Earthstorm, 7 yard radius pools of quicksand form randomly near players. The quicksand inflicts 14625 to 15375 Nature damage every 2 seconds and reduces the movement speed by 50% of any player standing within the quicksand.
- Sand Vortex — A large tornado forms during the Tumultuous Earthstorm, and then slowly wanders around the sand. The sand vortex grabs any player that moves nearby, inflicting 1387 to 1612 Physical damage every 2 seconds for 8 sec. The sand vortex then ejects the player out. While the sand vortex traps players, they may not attack or cast spells.
- Melee dps should not stand near the tank to avoid Raging Smash.
- Casters should use the camels that are found near the bottom of the ramp that leads to Ptah. They allow you to cast while moving.
- At 50%, Ptah falls apart, and about 6 non-elite Jeweled Scarab and 2 elite Dustbone Horror appear. Everyone should stack on the tank and AOE them down. The tank should focus on the Dustbone Horrors. Everyone should watch for Quicksand, and run out if it appears under them. After all the adds are killed or after a set time, Ptah reappears.
- More carrion for the swarm...
- Killing a player
- Dust to dust...
- Ptah... is... no more...
- Unused quotes
- The earth trembles!
Ptah appears as one of the bosses that can be encountered in the Tombs of Terror adventure in the Saviors of Uldum expansion for Hearthstone.
- This boss's name is taken from Ptah, the Egyptian god of creation, the arts and fertility.
- Ptah is voiced by Marc Graue.
Patch 4.0.6 (2011-02-08):
Earthrager Ptah's Flame Bolt now deals more damage per second on Heroic difficulty.