Easy is Boring
19 (Requires 15)
- Convince Azuregos to meet with Kalecgos.
After a long search with some questionable turns, you've finally found Azuregos.
<Azuregos glares at you.>
Azuregos has agreed to rendezvous with Kalecgos. Success!
- You seek Azuregos? Bane of the Bitter Reaches? Scourge of the Bay of Storms? Lord of all magic in Azshara?
- Well, you've found him.
- <Azuregos appears to be smiling.>
Kalecgos sent me...
- Kalecgos?! That's your good foot forward?
- Good luck with that one, buddy.
No no no, you don't understand. I'm here to help.
- Of course you are. Here to save big blue from himself, spending all his time in the spirit world, obsessing over magical artifacts. Kalec doesn't understand though, I've turned a new leaf.
- I've met someone.
Met someone? I didn't know there were any other dragons out here.
- A dragon? Hah! Don't be ridiculous.
- You know <race>, you're awfully rude. She's standing right here!
...the spirit healer?
- She has a name, you know. Anara. You'd do well to treat her with the respect she deserves.
- How many times have she and her sisters brought you back from the grip of death itself? You're just all kinds of inconsiderate, aren't you?
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, I just...
- I know. I KNOW. We could never be, right? Dragon and Spirit Healer... two different worlds! Not to mention the physiological problems.
- But you're wrong. We have a deeper connection than that. Anara and I, we're involved.
- Besides, I kind of like it here. No adventurers to poke and prod me with no provocation.
That's not what I was saying at all.
- Well get to it then. You're the one veering off onto all these unnecessary topics.
I'm the... forget it. I'm here to warn you that the black dragonflight is here hunting you.
- Oh. That? Thought I hadn't noticed the scorched earth and senseless slaughter that usually give them away? I'm not THAT old.
You already know? Why don't you go stop them then?
- Why bother? It's not like they actually have even the slightest clue where I am. They're not going to do any harm to the already-found artifacts around here.
- Anyway, one of the amusingly convenient things about evil and destruction is that they tend to just evilly destruct each other eventually.
But Kalecgos is already out there trying to stop them. He needs your help.
- He's going after them? And he sent you to ask me for help? Was there begging? Were there tears?
- <Azuregos stares off into the distance as a toothy smile creeps onto his face.>
- You know, if I came to his rescue, there's no way he could ever live it down. Maybe he'd make me one of those little Sunwell girls of my very own.
- No offense, Anara.
You'll come then?
- Yeah yeah, I'll come to his rescue.
- Don't you fall into his little center-of-the-world hero bit though! He just likes the attention. I swear, he thinks he's going to be the next Aspect. It's laughable.
I'm going to let him know right away. Meet us at Sable Ridge.
- Yeah yeah. I'm on my way. Don't get your chain panties in a bunch.
When on this quest in Azuregos and Anara's refuge, you get a death-like debuff and the environment changes as if you are dead. However, this is not real death as far as the game engine is concerned. You remain at full HP, and when trying to cast spells, you get the popup "You can't do that right now" instead of the usual "You are dead". This is, in fact, a thinly-veiled example of phasing.
Furthermore, contrary to the description of the follow-up quest, running far enough out of the area knocks you out into the main non-phased world.
- Patch 4.0.3a (2010-11-23): Added.